OSXpert
OSXpert, Mac Software Engineer
Experience:  2 years as a geek squad computer technician, 5 years as a software engineer and unix systems admin
50723742

Dont know my password XXXXX my router

Don't know my password XXXXX my router
Category: Mac
Expert:  OSXpert replied 2 years ago.

OSXpert :

Hi, my name is Britton. Are you available?

OSXpert :

Hello -- what kind of router do you have?

Customer:

Yes, I am available. The router is a Cisco Linksys.

OSXpert :

great, open a browser (Safari or other)

OSXpert :

and go to 192.168.1.1

Customer:

OK. Very scary screen.

OSXpert :

The interface is different between routers -- you'll have to bear with me while we navigate through it

OSXpert :

is there an option for Wireless

OSXpert :

or Wireless sceurity?

Customer:

Yes, I just clicked it.

OSXpert :

okay good, in here, you should be able to see the type of security you have selected, confirm this for me

Customer:

I don't see anything about security. It just tells me the mode, SSid, etc. Should I click on the security button?

OSXpert :

yes, click security

Customer:

Nevermind. Found it! I Think I have the password XXXXX

Customer:

WPA Personal and it gives me a passphrase.

OSXpert :

okay good -- change it here and then restart the router

OSXpert :

perfect

OSXpert :

change it to whatever you'd like (assuming the web page accepts it)

Customer:

OMG! This password XXXXX My Kindle Fire is on.

OSXpert :

excellent :)

OSXpert :

How do you like the Kindle Fire so far?

Customer:

It's loading now. I got the Fire because I didn't need all the doo dahs on the iPad and the iPad was waaay too expensive.

OSXpert :

indeed -- the Fire has a fantastic price tag and a lot of good content as well

OSXpert :

Amazon has such a great selection of Books, Magazines, etc...

OSXpert :

Anyhow -- is there any thing else I can help you with? Did you get the information you need?

Customer:

I did. Thank you very much. BTW, can I access this web page at any time?

OSXpert :

Yes, if you are satisfied with this answer, you can click "Accept" to release the funds to me. If you want to get back to me for future questions, click my name (left side of the screen) and bookmark the page that comes up

OSXpert, Mac Software Engineer
Experience: 2 years as a geek squad computer technician, 5 years as a software engineer and unix systems admin