Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience:  worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products
51110040

No one can hear me when I call them. I can hear them but they

Customer Question

No one can hear me when I call them. I can hear them but they cant hear me?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mac Tech replied 2 years ago.
Hi, and thanks for using JustAnswer.

Add this page to your Favorites/Bookmarks first, so as to get back to me anytime later on, if needed.

Which model iPhone do you have?

Do you have a cover and/or screen protector on your iPhone?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have the Iphone 4 32GB black and right now no there is no cover on it
Expert:  Mac Tech replied 2 years ago.
Thank you.

I'm presuming you just removed the cover and/or screen protector?

If so, follow this procedure and then make the following test calls.

First reset your iPhone:

-Unplug the iPhone from the USB cable connection (if connected).

-Press and hold the Home AND the Wake/Sleep buttons until the Apple Logo appears (about 15 seconds). Be patient as your iPhone is restarting. This can take several minutes.

• The On/Off, Sleep/Wake button: This button is on the top of your iPhone, and you use it to put your iPhone's screen to sleep or wake it up.

• Home button: It's on the front of the iPhone (large round button near the bottom).

Now place a call to test your iPhone. If the problem still exists continue to the next suggested test:

-Plug in the provided ear buds/microphone make a test call.

Reply back with your test results.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have tried all of those suggestions and it still wont work

Expert:  Mac Tech replied 2 years ago.
That was quick.

What else have you tried?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i reset the phone and it still didnt work and when i put the earbuds in people say thaey still cant hear me other than that i didnt know what to do

Expert:  Mac Tech replied 2 years ago.
Thank you.

Again, I am presuming that this is without the cover and screen protect on?

What version iOS are you running?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes its without the covers on it and it running the iOS5.0.1

Expert:  Mac Tech replied 2 years ago.
I'm out of ideas. I will opt out.
Expert:  Vinod Menon replied 2 years ago.

I am Vinod. I will try my best to help you resolve this issue.

We can try resetting the settings. Go to settings > general > reset > reset settings. This will restart your iphone. Let's see whether this resolves your issue.

If that does not work, let's try restoring the phone. Open itunes in the computer and connect the phone. Your phone will be listed to the left side of the itunes, below "devices". Just click on the phone name, and now to the middle of the screen, you will find the restore button. Restore the phone now, and finally select the option "restore from backup".

If that does not work, restore the phone again, and this time "set it up as a new phone".

If none of the above works, the phone has to go in for a repair/replacement unfortunately. You can either take it to an apple store nearby or call apple care to set up the replacement. If your iphone is under warranty, you will get a free replacement, provided there is no water/physical damage.

Hope this info helps. Let me know if you have any difficulty.

Thank You
Vinod
Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience: worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

This isnt helpful at all

I can understand...:(

Unfortunately, there is nothing much we can do. If it is a software issue, most probably it will be resolved through the restore.

But if this doesn't work, there is no other option than to get it replaced. If you bought it within the last one year, it should be under warranty and you should be getting a free replacement.