Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

Why are my incoming calls going straight to voicemail on my

Customer Question

Why are my incoming calls going straight to voicemail on my iphone 4?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mac Tech replied 4 years ago.
Hi, and thanks for using JustAnswer.

Add this page to your Favorites/Bookmarks first, so as to get back to me anytime later on, if needed.

The two reasons this happens are:

1) Your voicemail box is full
2) Your phone is not within signal service area

Why, the service are has changed is dependent on many things, all of which you may have no control over. In a workplace; interference from machines, building structure, lighting all contribute to interference.

Addidtionally, your present iPhone antenna and receiver may not be as effective as your previous iPhone
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

This does not explain why it did not happen with previous iphone4 - never had a problem with the earier phone in my work building but had the phone replaced and now every call I get goes straight to voicemail without ringing. It cannot be a loss of signal as, if I just go into phone settings on the phone and come out of it, then the phone works fine and if I ring it, the phone rings.

Expert:  Mac Tech replied 4 years ago.
What version iOS do you have?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
IOS5. By the way, my voicemail box is empty so that cannot be the problem. I have found that when calls are going straight to voicemail, if I go into phone settings then out of it, incoming calls do ring, proving that signal strength in builiding is not the issue here. However, a little while later, if I ring my iphone again, then that call goes straight to voicemail.
Expert:  Mac Tech replied 4 years ago.
I would do a test with an identical iPhone.

Also, if you're iPhone's within warranty period, have it exchanged.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I do not think that you answered my question satisfactorily. So I DO NOT wish to pay the deposit of £28.
Expert:  Mac Tech replied 4 years ago.
Unfortunately, there are other factors that make an answer impossible to be definitive.

I'm not able to see ALL factors and you probably cannot as well.

Good luck with your solution.