Omer Mushahwar
Omer Mushahwar, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  I work with Mac Computers and Servers on a daily basis

how do I decommission my itunes account from computers that

how do I decommission my itunes account from computers that have died?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Omer Mushahwar replied 2 years ago.

Omer Mushahwar :

Hi I am one of the experts here at Just Answer.com

Customer:

Hi

Omer Mushahwar :

1. Open Itunes

2. Click on Store

3. Click view my account (you will need to be signed in if you are not sign in and then do this)

4. Under the Apple ID Summary you will see it say Computer Authorization
5. Click Deauthorize All

This will Deauthorize all your machines you will then have to authorize each computer you run itunes on

Please let me know if you have any questions

Omer Mushahwar :

Now the trick here is that once you deauthorize all computers each computer you use itunes on now with have to be Authorized on your active computers

Customer:

I dont see the apple ID summary

Customer:

all I see is edit, bill payment, change country or region my alerts passes and genius

Customer:

hello?

Omer Mushahwar :

Sorry one second pulling up my itunes

Customer:

if it helps im on my ipad because thats the only computer I can sign into

Omer Mushahwar :

ok one second let me grab my ipad

Customer:

thanks

Omer Mushahwar :

Have you tried authorizing itunes on a new computer yet?

Customer:

yeah and it says that I can't because I already have 5 computers authorized

Omer Mushahwar :

And you dont have access to any of the 5 correct?

Customer:

the only one I have access to is the ipda that I'm on now

Customer:

ipad

Omer Mushahwar :

Ok the main problem here is the ipad and iphones do not have the deauthorization ability

Customer:

so youre telling theres nothing I can do?

Omer Mushahwar :

No there is

Omer Mushahwar :

I am trying to find the exact website for you one second

Customer:

what?

Omer Mushahwar :

Essentially since you cannot log in and reset it you have to contact Apples support and have them do the deauthorization for your account

Omer Mushahwar :

Give me just a couple minutes to find it

Omer Mushahwar :

Well let me ask you this
Have you signed in with your apple id on a computer so you can access the store in Itunes?

Omer Mushahwar :

You dont have a to authorize a computer to sign into your itunes store account

Omer Mushahwar :

Please go to a computer

Omer Mushahwar :

Open itunes

Omer Mushahwar :

Log into the store

Omer Mushahwar :

and once logged in try the steps above

Omer Mushahwar :

once you deauthorize all you should be able to authorize a computer again

Customer:

okay

Omer Mushahwar :

Please let me know how it goes

Customer:

I was able to deauthorize all five computers do I have to reauthorize my ipad now?

Omer Mushahwar :

you shouldnt have to reauthorize the ipad just the computer you sync the ipad with

Customer:

thanks

Omer Mushahwar :

You are welcome

Omer Mushahwar :

If we have solved your question please click accept answer so we may close the question
Thanks for using Just Answer.com

Customer:

Thank You for your help Omer

Experience: I work with Mac Computers and Servers on a daily basis