Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

Just upgraded to ios5 and iCloud however one of my iPhone 4s

Customer Question

Just upgraded to ios5 and iCloud however one of my iPhone 4s lost Bluetooth. Bluetooth only turns on when certain pages are open. And certain programs are open. Cannot connec to my car because Bluetooth won't stay active. What can be the problem?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Try doing a Restore in iTunes
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Restore to what?
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Plug it into your computer and open iTunes select it on the left and click on Restore on the right. It will basically back up you stuff then install new clean system then restore your data at the and then you do a Sync.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Unfortunately it does not work that way in iCloud. This will not work.
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
What? Of course it does this has nothing to do with the iCloud>???
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Can you try that please?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The restore you suggested does not solve my issue with Bluetooth. It only takes me back to the previously saved version.

The root cause is not addressed. What I found after much thought is that there were programs on my phone which were causing Bluetooth instability issues. Once I removed these programs I got my Bluetooth back working properly.

Your solution would have caused me to lose some data I did not want to lose yet not solve the problem so your answer did not solve my problem. I cannot accept your answer .
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
A Restore does not lose you anything, FYI.