Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

my iPhone will no long sync to iTunes. i restored the phone,

my iPhone will no long sync to iTunes. i restored the phone, but it is the same. failure to sync
"The iPhone “ron tarver’s iPhone” could not be synced because the sync session failed to start."

when i restored i lost my apps. but they r on my computer.

any idea what is going on?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
First I need some information and I also want you to check some things that may or may not be affecting the situation :

Please go to the Apple logo on the upper left of the screen, go to About This Mac (DO NOT Select More Info), and tell me the Version (under Mac OS X), the Processor and the Memory, it is all right there.

Then open Macintosh HD (your hard drive on the desktop usually), then go to Applications folder inside that is another folder called Utilities inside that is an application called Disk Utility. Double click on that and when it opens you will see your hard drive (usually Macintosh HD) on the left. Highlight your hard drive and click on Verify Disk on the far right. If that is OK click on Repair Permissions on the left. If Verify Disk is not OK try to Repair. If Repair is successful then Repair Permissions if it is not successful let me know.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
10.7.2 2 ghz 4 gb
in process of repairing disk
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
K
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
tried again to sync. sync will not start

The iPhone “ron tarver’s iPhone” could not be synced because the sync session failed to start.
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
So Verify Disk was OK in green and then you Repaired Permissions?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
it was but still no go, so i restarted the computer. works now.

good job.

thanks

Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Ok great!!!