Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

spacebartabanddeletebuttonsarefrozen

Customer Question

spacebartabanddeletebuttonsarefrozen
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Have you restarted the computer?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
First I need some information and I also want you to check some things that may or may not be affecting the situation :

Please go to the Apple logo on the upper left of the screen, go to About This Mac (DO NOT Select More Info), and tell me the Version (under Mac OS X), the Processor and the Memory, it is all right there.

Then open Macintosh HD (your hard drive on the desktop usually), then go to Applications folder inside that is another folder called Utilities inside that is an application called Disk Utility. Double click on that and when it opens you will see your hard drive (usually Macintosh HD) on the left. Highlight your hard drive and click on Verify Disk on the far right. If that is OK click on Repair Permissions on the left. If Verify Disk is not OK try to Repair. If Repair is successful then Repair Permissions if it is not successful let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
cant..find..verify..disc....have..to..eat..dinner...sorry...will..be...back..in..a..few
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
OK it is here:

graphic
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
hmm..my..system..10.5.8..2,1..GHz..OwerPC..G5..512MB..maybe..thats..the..problem..still..doesnt..bring..up..verify..disc
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Go to the Spotlight icon on the top left of your screen (the magnifying glass) and type in Disk Utility and open it
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
repaiedpermissions..still..not..working
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Was Verify Disk ok?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes..verify..was..okay..also..caps..lock..not..working..didnt..know..if..that..is..important..too.
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Is this a USB Keyboard what model?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
wireless..model..A1314
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Go to System Preferences / Bluetooth and select your keyboard then click on the Minus sign and then add it back
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
done..stillnot..working..
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Try resetting the PRAM.

1. Shut down the computer.
2. Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Command, Option, P, and R. You will need them in step 4.
3. Turn on the computer.
4. Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys before the gray screen appears.
5. Hold the keys down until the computer restarts.
6. Release the keys.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
will..try..
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
K let me know
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
well..helddoen..keys..let..go..just..before..grey..sreen..circle..started....probable..didnt..explain..that..just..right...but..it..didnt..work..
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
You hold the keys until you see the computer restart, in fact let is restart three times then let go.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I..heard..it..bing..2..times..then..grey..screen..appeared..when..should..i..let..go..exactly...when..i..see..what
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Ok open Text edit type in a few words then highlight them and hit Delete.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
that..doesnt..work..either
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Then I would say your keyboard is malfunctioning did you spill anything on it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No..I..guess..I..can..try..taking..it..down..to..apple..very..frustrating..
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Sorry do you have another Mac you can try it on so we can be sure?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no..but..good..thought.....thank..you..for..all..your..time..and..effort.....
if..I..find..out..the..answer..how..do..i..get..back..to..you..to..let..you..know?
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Just bookmark this page.
Mike, Mac Medic
Experience: Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thank...you
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Thanks you can come back here if you have a problem for no extra charge. Good luck.