Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

Hi there. I have bought a Logitech HD Pro Webcam C910 Web camera.

Customer Question

Hi there. I have bought a Logitech HD Pro Webcam C910 Web camera. I have been trying for months on how to work out to make this the default cam for my imac. For example, if i visit a website that offers the capability to broadcast to users of that web site, Adobe Fl;ash Player settings ask me if I will let the website access to my cam. If I allow this, it will only access to the inbuilt camera in the imac and does not "see" the logitech cam. How do I fix this?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Are you telling me to down load install new software? I have tried this and it does not work! I do know that the software I did istall was from the logitech website. The disk that came with the camera with the sotware would not install. Please help
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
OK if you downloaded the latest that is fine. You may want to display this panel again if, for example, you want Flash Player to use a different camera. To display the Camera panel:

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Right-click (Windows) or Control-click (Macintosh) the application image while it is playing.
From the context menu, select Settings, and then click the Camera tab.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Mike the MacMedic
I tried your advice as above but no results. I control click on image above, select Settings, and then click the Camera tab. Nothing happens when I click the camera tab.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The Adobe Flash Player settings window opens when I click on the website "broadcast" tab. No list of cameras appears.

Below comes from the Adobe wesite..
Flash Player automatically detects any video cameras on your computer and displays the name of the default camera it will use. If you do not select another camera from the pop-up menu, Flash Player uses the default camera. To see a live display of the image being detected by the default camera, click the Video Preview area.

Note that the Flash Player asks your permission before allowing an application to access your camera or microphone. See Privacy pop-up question.

What happens if I select another camera?
If you select another video camera from the pop-up menu, Flash Player uses the camera you selected. To see a live display of the image being detected by the camera you selected, click the Video Preview area.

What if Flash Player doesn't find a camera?
If Flash Player can't locate a camera on your computer, the player displays the warning "No camera found." Read the documentation for your computer and your camera to make sure your camera is installed correctly.
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
go to the website where you want to use the camera and:
  1. Control-click the application image while it is playing.
  2. From the context menu, select Settings, and then click the Camera tab.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
    View Full Image

Register Here
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
As i explained, i habve done this over and over and it does not see the logitech camera
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
I need some information and I also want you to check some things that may or may not be affecting the situation :

Please go to the Apple logo on the upper left of the screen, go to About This Mac (DO NOT Select More Info), and tell me the Version (under Mac OS X), the Processor and the Memory, it is all right there.

Then open Macintosh HD (your hard drive on the desktop usually), then go to Applications folder inside that is another folder called Utilities inside that is an application called Disk Utility. Double click on that and when it opens you will see your hard drive (usually Macintosh HD) on the left. Highlight your hard drive and click on Verify Disk on the far right. If that is OK click on Repair Permissions on the left. If Verify Disk is not OK try to Repair. If Repair is successful then Repair Permissions if it is not successful let me know.
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Did you do that?