Frederick S., Mac Specialist
Experience:  Worked with Mac OS X for two years as a support technician.
33925084

I can not access my email. It says it is connecting but it

I can not access my email. It says it is connecting but it has been connecting for 2 days. What is wrong?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Frederick S. replied 3 years ago.
Hi! My name isXXXXX look forward to assisting you and providing you with the information you need. Press CTRL + D to bookmark this page.

Can you please confirm your e-mail provider for me (Hotmail/Gmail/Yahoo, etc.)? Thank you.

FS
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
My email provider is yahoo. I only have an iPad so I do not know where Cntrl + D is.
So you're only having issues connecting on your iPad, correct?

What happens when you go to YMail.com ?

FS
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes, I have only an iPad, no computer.

When ILog into mail.com I can access my new messages but can not expand them and they are very light, therefore, very hard to read.
Do you mean ymail.com? You said mail.com

FS
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes, sorry, I mean ymail.com
Hmm; that's unusual.

Please go to the Home screen, then tap Settings, tap Safari on the left side, then tap Clear Cookies and Clear Data (or Clear Cookies and Data if they are one option)

Then once that is done, please press the Home button to exit from Settings

Double-tap Home quickly to see the list of open programs...

Hold your finger on Safari until it jiggles and there is a red circle with a dash (-) in the top-left corner... then tap the red dash to end Safari

Then press the Home button, then press it again.

Open up Safari and go back to Ymail.com

Are you then able to load your emails?

FS
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I did everything but Safari never jiggled or did a red dash appear, however, my messages did download on my iPad account, the one I can expand and read. Bulk mail is working as well. Thank you soooo much.
You're welcome; glad I could help. Be sure to click Accept at this time.

Thank you!

FS
Frederick S., Mac Specialist
Experience: Worked with Mac OS X for two years as a support technician.