Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I have bought hundreds of dollars worth of songs and movies

Customer Question

I have bought hundreds of dollars worth of songs and movies and I just bought a new computer AND a new iPod. However, all the songs from my old iPod which was stolen are not on my new computer and therefore I have no songs to put on the new iPod I bought. I would like to transfer the songs from my old computer which is in storage and put them on my new computer. I am a loyal Apple customer and would very much appreciate help. How do I get the songs from my old computer all purchased with my account and credit card, onto my new computer (and then iPod)???
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
Hi My name isXXXXX hope i can help you.

You can redownload anything your purchased from iTunes Store to your new computer for Free from iTunes Store. Follow the instructions in here : http://support.apple.com/kb/ht2519

Let me know if that didn't worked. Only click Accept after it worked.

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I just tried downloading the new iTunes, however my iTunes when I open it does not have any bar on the bottom in which it says I need to click "Purchased", I looked throughout the whole screen and nowhere does it say "Purchased"
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
Are you sure you are using the same old account that you used to purchase the old contents ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes I am sure
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I went to "view account" and pulled up some of my past purchases but there was no options there to redownload or anything like that.
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
Thats strange...It should show the Purchased tab. Not sure why its not showing for you...

There are several methods to move your iTunes Library from old computer to new computer. Follow the instructions in here : http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4527

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
For some reason it is not working for me, thank you for your help though. I think I'm just going to go to the Apple store. Many thanks for your time.
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
It is very easy to transfer the songs from one computer to another and there are many several ways to do it. Read this article : http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4527

If you don't want to contiue, its ok.

Best Regards,