Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

I have a problem syncing from my GoDaddy email to my Apple

I have a problem syncing from my GoDaddy email to my Apple Mail using IMAP. (I believe I turned the computer off in the middle of syncing) and now I'm getting an error message every few seconds that freezes the computer until I clear! the error message says: Mail has undone actions on some messages so that you can redo the actions while online. Mail has saved other messages in mailbox “Z Stuff” in “On My Mac” so that you can complete the actions while online. Additional information: The attempt to read data from the server “” failed. GoDaddy is NOT helpful and is referring me to Apple - this is a BIG problem as I'm on a major deadline
Category: Mac
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Excuse me, but you didn't answer my question...where is the answer
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Other.
never got an answer and I was charged
Expert:  Toby K. replied 4 years ago.
My name is Toby and I'm going to try and help you with your problem. If you are still having a problem, I would like to try a couple of things. I'm also not sure what you have or have not done on your end, as far as troubleshooting. If you want to fill me, feel free.

Have you tried to create the account again in Apple Mail? Not updating the settings of the original one, just creating a new one. You can keep the old one there for now, if you feel more secure that way. With IMAP servers, your email client is a mirror image of what is on the server, so even if you deleted the account and added it again, you wouldn't lose anything.

Second thing to try would be to install Thunderbird, configure the email settings, and see if you could retrieve email from it. That would tell us if it's an Apple Mail problem or a GoDaddy Server problem.

Let me know what you think. Thanks