David, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  BSc, H.Dip, Apple Certified
39216975

I just received a notice stating the IomegaSAM.kext needs

Customer Question

I just received a notice stating the "IomegaSAM.kext" needs to be installed and upgraded.
I am on a MAC system 10.7.2
What shall I do and where do I get it.
Thank you,
Hensha Gansbourg XXX@XXXXXX.XXX
Category: Mac
Expert:  David replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name is David. First I'd like a bit of info.

What type of mac is it and what version of OS X is on it?

Do you have an Iomega Zip drive, or any devices connected, any at all ?

Best regards,
David.

PS Please bookmark this page if you want to get back to this answer again.
David, Mac Support Specialist
Experience: BSc, H.Dip, Apple Certified
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am on an iMAC
I do have an Iomega drive connected
I am using OS 10.7.2
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
You didn't give me an answer yet
Expert:  David replied 2 years ago.

I am working by correspondence so it might take a couple of minutes between replies.

What is the make and model number of the Iomega device?

Best regards,
David.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is in a hidden spot and hard to get to. The only thing I could make out was
HDD1H
Does this help you?
Expert:  David replied 2 years ago.

Sorry for the delay. After some research I couldn't relate an Iomega product to the model number you gave me.

Is this your device?
http://iomega.com/about/prreleases/2008/042308_screenplay.html

Best regards,
David.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't know. I will have to shut down the computer to give you more info about the product. I have several things connected to it.
Can we finish this later?
Expert:  David replied 2 years ago.
Certainly. Just bookmark this page.

Best regards,
David.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I took apart the drive and this is what I could find. It is a firewire drive.

Model # HDD1H

serial number 47AH464151 R
pin 31716700 R

Made in China

There are no other markings on it
Expert:  David replied 2 years ago.

Can you click Finder -> Go -> Go To Folder ... and type "/Library/Extensions/" without quotes and click Go.

Can you look in the list for the file 'Iomega.kext', and move to Trash.

Do the same for the folder "/System/Library/Extensions/"

Restart the computer and test the drive.

Best regards,
David.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I did as you said and it said

folder can't be found
Expert:  David replied 2 years ago.

Which one didn't work? Did you type it without quotes and check the spelling?

Best regards,
David.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I did as you said, and in /Library/Extensions/ there was nothing in the folder

In /System/Library/Extensions/ I found
IomegaSAM with nothing after it

should I trash that file?
Expert:  David replied 2 years ago.

I went offline to sleep, I am in GMT timezone.

Yes, the extension is hidden but it's the right file to delete. It might ask for your password, delete it and restart.

Best regards,
David.