Justin, Network Admin
Experience:  10+ years IT experience (Corporate Network Administration),

i have lost my ipad and i am trying to access the mobile me

Customer Question

i have lost my ipad and i am trying to access the mobile me app so that the ipad can be cleaned off but i am not haveing any luck. i changed my password XXXXX what i cannot remember is the mobile me address i set up when i purchased that feature. it is not the same as my apple id and password. can you help. thanks

rebecca congdon
Category: Mac
Expert:  Justin replied 4 years ago.

Please read: Remember to return and click the Accept button ONLY once your issue is resolved. If the first answer does not work, just REPLY to me and we will continue.

Since your Apple ID (as you've no doubt learned) is not the same as your mobileme account, your best chance at recovery is to get a live chat session going.

To do this, click this link:

From there, at the bottom left, click Accounts and billing. Then click Member name and password.

At the right now it'll give a list of options, scroll down to the bottom and you should see "Still need help?" And Express Lane.

This is what we want. Click Get Started under Express Lane.

Click Continue.

Click Continue again (its not necessary to sign in under your apple ID as they're going to confirm info for you anyway)

Click Chat. On the right fill in that info, click Chat now. This will put you in touch with a technician that should be able to confirm your information so that they can retrieve your account. To my knowledge, mobileme doesn't require a reset email.

You can reach the same info as the above here as well:

If you still are having trouble or need clarification please REPLY and let me know. Thank you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i still cant get help. they require the mobile me info i dont have. i am going to the apple store now. no help on line anywhere.
Expert:  Justin replied 4 years ago.
I understand, sorry I couldn't be of assistance in this one, its tricky since we don't control that information, only Apple does.

I recommend you do NOT Accept my answer please since I was unable to resolve this for you, but if you need anything from me you can still REPLY and I will do what I can to help.