iteachmac
iteachmac, The Duke!
Experience:  Mac help ,music midi expert, logic pro recording ,electrical installation ,ilife & all mac computing
28671728

I am getting an error code 1015 on my iphone 3 every time I

Customer Question

I am getting an error code 1015 on my iphone 3 every time I try to restore it. iphone 3g 16GB Model no. A1241 I have tried restoring it multiple times with multiple different firmware nothing is working. It is in recovery mode and will not come out.
Category: Mac
Expert:  iteachmac replied 3 years ago.

iteachmac :

Welcome ,I will give a full and clear answer to your question, please make sure to reply to any questions I have. They may be essential to my reply.

iteachmac :

Hi sounds like its stuck in recovery mode.

iteachmac :

3g or 3gs ?

iteachmac :

3gs has chrome writing on the rear .

iteachmac :

Is , was the phone jail broke ?

iteachmac :

What version of ios was installed ?

iteachmac :

You will need some software to make changes to the iphone .

iteachmac :

You need to down grade the firmware to : iPhone (3.1.3 or 3.1.2)

iteachmac :

Here's where to get the firmware :

iteachmac :

You will need Java installed on your PC if not already :

iteachmac :

Plug the iphone in to the USB of computer , quit iTunes .

iteachmac :

Launch Tinyumbrella.

iteachmac :

Click on connected devices .

iteachmac :

Then press , start TSS server .

iteachmac :

Then open iTunes .

iteachmac :

Then click on your iphone in iTunes .

iteachmac :

Then Hold shift key on your computer keyboard , & click restore

iteachmac :

If the phone was already syncing slide to stop it before the last step ..

iteachmac :

A window will pop up , to look for the firmware you downloaded . , "iphone, 1,2_ etc . restore file . click open on the file .

iteachmac :

Tinyumbrella must be running .

iteachmac :

Please wait .

iteachmac :

iTunes should then say extracting software .

iteachmac :

Then preparing iphone restore should display , and wait . .

iteachmac :

It will take a few mins at least from here . .

iteachmac :

iTunes will say restoring iPhone software .

iteachmac :

Make sure you have a good USB cable and don't disturb it while this is working .

iteachmac :

The progress bar in iTunes should be moving along .

iteachmac :

Dont touch anything while its working .

iteachmac :

You may get an error 1015 at the end of the restore , this is normal as its downgrading . .

iteachmac :

The iPhone should have a Progress bar on it moving slowly as its working .

iteachmac :

After the error 1015 , click ok .

iteachmac :

iTunes may pop up more error info , click ok .

iteachmac :

Then quit itunes .

iteachmac :

The phone will be in recovery mode .

iteachmac :

Now go to , Tinyumbrella and click stop TSS server .

iteachmac :

Then go recovery devices in Tinyumbrella click iPhone , and then press the exit recovery button to the right .

iteachmac :

The iPhone should power off and on again ,

iteachmac :

Leave it plugged in .

iteachmac :

The apple logo should come on screen , with a progress bar .

iteachmac :

Once powered on , install your sim card .

iteachmac :

And then unplug the USB cable .

iteachmac :

Now plug the USB cable back in .

iteachmac :

The phone should activate , and be downgraded to the Firmware version used .

iteachmac :

I hope this helps.

iteachmac :

Thanks .

Expert:  iteachmac replied 3 years ago.
Please let me know how you get on .

Thanks..