MacTechTrainer
MacTechTrainer, Sr. Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple Certified Desktop & Portables Technician, A+, Cross-Platform (Mac/PC) Tech - for over 14 Years

Need help getting my iphone4 rebooted after iOS5 install.

Customer Question

Category: Mac
Expert:  MacTechTrainer replied 2 years ago.

MacTechTrainer :

Hello and thank you for asking your question, with JustAnswer.com/Mac. I am Sr. Mac Tech Support Specialist, Terry, glad to assist you.

MacTechTrainer :

What you can do, in order to resolve this issue, is start by resetting your iPhone 4
(Note: this does not remove any settings, data or media you have installed in your device)

MacTechTrainer :

• To perform a hard reset, press and hold your Sleep and Home Menu buttons for approximately 10 seconds.
• Once your screen goes black, release both keys. (If you see a white Apple logo before you release the keys you have held the keys to long and will need to start the reset process once again)
• The next screens you should see after the black screen, is the Apple logo screen followed by the main screen.

MacTechTrainer :

Let me know if this helps

Customer :

I have paid for 2 years of apple support. Can't find the support Telephone No. My phone is locked up since I down loaded iOS5

MacTechTrainer :

So you purchased the AppleCare Protection Plan for your iPhone ?

Customer :

I have 2 years of Apple Support but can't get the Telephone number. My i4 is locked up and i can't do anything

Customer :

I have 2 years of Apple Support but my phone is locked up and i can't get the Support number.

MacTechTrainer :

I understand- Now to ask again, did you purchase the Apple 2 year protection Plan?

MacTechTrainer :

I am asking because if you have that plan then I can save you time and provide their support number

MacTechTrainer :

so you can be supported under the plan you already paid for

MacTechTrainer :

if that is the case3

MacTechTrainer :

"case" - sorry

Customer :

Yes. Sorry I did not see that my message was going out before i completed it. Yess i would like the Apple Support tel. No.

MacTechTrainer :

If not, then I will be glad to assist you in working to help you reboot your iPhone

MacTechTrainer :

ok

MacTechTrainer :

Contact AppleCare iPhone Support at XXX-XXX-XXXX

MacTechTrainer :

that 800 number applies to a number of AppleCare technical support and administrative groups

MacTechTrainer :

so be sure to be specific when you call

MacTechTrainer :

have your iPhone 4 serial number (if you have it available) as support will ask you for it because all of your support is tied to your iphone serial number

MacTechTrainer :

still with me?