MacTechTrainer
MacTechTrainer, Sr. Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple Certified Desktop & Portables Technician, A+, Cross-Platform (Mac/PC) Tech - for over 14 Years
15556539

I received your response to my last question. All I could get

Customer Question

I received your response to my last question. All I could get out of the disc was OSX 10.5.8. ii could not update beyond that version. Got a new disc today from Apple of OSX 10.6.3. my though is to download this version then follow your directions to re-load Lion.
Category: Mac
Expert:  MacTechTrainer replied 5 years ago.
Hello and thank you for asking your question, with JustAnswer.com/Mac.
I am Sr. Mac Tech Support Specialist, Terry, glad to assist you.

I am not sure which Mac Expert you are addressing your question to, but I can help if you are ok with this.

I will say you are on the right path, in regards to upgrading from Mac OS X 10.5.8 Leopard to Mac OS X 10.6.3 Snow Leopard.

Once you have successfully completed this update. Make sure to click on the Apple menu in 10.6.3 and select Software Updates and run all of your updates including Mac OS X 10.6.8 which should be appearing with the other updates in that same updates window.

It is only when you update to Mac OS X 10.6.8, that the Mac App store will be installed and then you can proceed to perform the upgrade to Mac OS X 10.7 Lion.

Let me know if this helps.

This is my first answer, but certainly not my last, as long as this issue remains unresolved.

Please do not press "Accept" until you have experienced a resolution from this answer and are satisfied with the results.

Be sure to bookmark this page in your web browser, so you can return to it, in the event you have to reboot your computer or leave from this session for a period of time.

If you are satisfied with my services and do Accept my initial answer, please do not hesitate to provide some feedback from your experience, as this allows us to determine if you are satisfied with our service as a whole.

Until then, I will be watching for your next reply as necessary.

Thanks!

Regards,

-Terry