Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience:  7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

im downloading the new iso5 software for my ipad and all i

Customer Question

im downloading the new iso5 software for my ipad and all i keep getting is my connection keeps timing out (err=-3259)
Category: Mac
Expert:  Vinod Menon replied 2 years ago.

I am Vinod. I will try my best to help you resolve this issue.

Which computer do you use? Windows xp/vista/7 or a mac?

Thank You
Vinod
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
mac
What version of itunes you have? To find that, open itunes. Now you will find an apple logo at the top left corner of the computer, followed by itunes, file, edit etc.

Click on itunes > about itunes. This will give you the version
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i have 10.5. updated it a while ago.

Try connecting the ipad to different usb ports and then try to update.

If that does not work, restart the computer and try to update (if you have not done that thus far).

If you have any antivirus installed in your computer, turn them off and then try to update.

let me know if this does not work. Click on accept only after your issue is resolved.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i dont have antivirus.

i restarted the computer but still didnt work.

no updates that need to be installed - all are up to date.

tried different usb port.

still not working

:(

Unfortunately, I have run out of options. I will opt out here so that other experts may be able to help you...
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Hi My name is Ashik. I hope i can help you.

Which iPad is this ? iPad 1 or iPad 2 ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Other.
advisor cant seem to find out what is wrong.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ipad 2

Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Is this 3G + Wifi version or WiFi version ? If 3G, is it AT&T iPad or Verizon iPad ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's a wifi 3G version. I'm in the Uk, I don't think there's s difference between verizon it AT&T
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
There is different between At&T and Verizon iPads. AT&T iPad uses GSM Radio and Verizon iPad uses CDMA Radio.

You must be using an GSM iPad. Okay...We can do a manual update. Download and install the iOS 5 firmware for your iPad 2 from here : http://appldnld.apple.com/iPhone4/041-9619.20111012.y34Nx/iPad2,2_5.0_9A334_Restore.ipsw

Connect your iPad to computer and open iTunes. In iTunes, select your iPad under Devices in left column. Hold down the Shift key on your Keyboard and click the Restore/Update button. iTunes will asks you to select the firmware file. Select the downloaded file and click Restore/Update. Let me know if that didn't worked..Only click Accept after it worked.

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ive downloaded the file.

im on the mac and done what youve told me,

pressed shift and update button, but it starts the regular download.

Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
For Mac, you have to hold down Option key on your Keyboard instead of Shift. Press Option key on keyboard and hit Restore. Then select the downloaded file. Let me know if that didn't worked...Only click Accept after we solved the problem.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
you didnt tell me i should have back up'd my ipad. ive lost everything on it. not happy
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Your iTunes will do the backup automatically when you update. After restoring, did you got a option to restore from backup or setup it as new iPad ?