Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience:  worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products

Just installed OS5 and hit wrong keys in setting up wiFi with

Customer Question

Just installed OS5 and hit wrong keys in setting up wiFi with my network. Now my network is locked on the Ipod and can not unlock to type incorrect network password. Help
Category: Mac
Expert:  Vinod Menon replied 2 years ago.

I am Vinod. I will try my best to help you resolve this issue.

Just to confirm, did you mean when you go to settings > wifi, you are not able to enter the password for your network name?

Thank You
Vinod
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
correct, but I can not even get to any real page. I try to select my network from those listed but I get unabe to join the network. The bars of the network are shown but there is a lock symbol in front of the triangle curVE baRS. Then I get the message to start over or more Wi-Fi settings.
Let's reset the network settings.

Go to settings > general > reset > reset network settings.

This will restart the device with the network settings back to default. Now try to connect to wifi

let me know whether this helps.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

can not do that. When I turn on the IPod the first page I get is the one saying Restore Completed and that their are just a few more setps to follow, and then you're done!

Then I'm to hit continue at the bottom of the screen

So when you hit continue, you are asked to select a wifi, correct? Are you sure that you are using the correct wifi password?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There in lies the heart of my problem in that I believe I miss typed the password and told the Ipod to accept. I do not know how to redo and correct what is was that I did
Let's try a reset of the ipod. Press and hold the power button and the home button together until you see an apple logo.

Let me know whether this resolves your issue.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
NO issue remains the same. It opens to telling me restore completed and then the same steps as indicated above with the same results
:(

are you able to scroll down the page and find some other buttons (such as cancel etc)?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
NO, no movement on the page. Hitting continue is my only option
Let's click on the power button once. This will lock the ipod.

Now, click on the power button again. This will ask you to slide to unlock. Instead of unlocking, double click on the home button. Does this give a camera icon on the screen?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Nothing happened But then this Ipod does not have a camera.

Should I plug the Ipod in to the computer and bring up the I tunes page risking our comunication

In this case, you need to restore the ipod to factory settings.

Just connect it to the computer and open itunes. Try a sync. If that does not resolve the issue, click on restore button in the itunes screen.

After the restore is complete, select the option "restore from backup". If that does not work, restore again and this time select "set up as a new ipod".
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Tried to sync last night but not the restore. Will minimize this screen and plug in the Ipod and try to restore. Then I'll get back to you hopefully

I'm back

Sync did not work but can not find and restore button can you locate it for me

The serial # of this Ipod is 1A94137H6K2 if that help at all

When you connect the ipod to the computer, the ipod name will be listed to the left side of the itunes, below "devices".

Just click on the ipod name, and now to the middle of the screen, you have the restore button
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
sorry my bad I found it after lst reply am restoring now
ok...:)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Still no change after restore and the option for a new Ipod was greyed out. Should i retry and see if I have betterluck hitting the set up for a new Ipod

yes, let's try again.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
certainly not my day. now i can not even find the Bill's ipod in the left margin to try to redo
Let's try this. With the ipod connected to the computer.

on the ipod, press and hold the power button and the home button together until you see an apple logo. The very moment you see the apple , let go off the power button , but keep on holding the home button for another 10-15 sec. You will now get a message in itunes saying that it has detected an ipod in recovery mode and needs to be restored.

Restore the phone now and finally select the option "set up as a new ipod"

Let me know whether this helps.
did that help?