Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience:  worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products
51110040

I purchased my i pod on 8/3, gave it to my husband for his

Customer Question

I purchased my i pod on 8/3, gave it to my husband for his birthday in September and we downloaded songs on it last week. It will play two to three songs and then it shuts off. We can power it back on and it will play another couploe of songs and then shut off again.

Linda Salisbury
Category: Mac
Expert:  Vinod Menon replied 5 years ago.

I am Vinod. I will try my best to help you resolve this issue.

It seems like the ipod software is damaged. The only troubleshooting step that can be tried is a restore.

Just connect the ipod to the computer. Your ipod name will be listed to the left side of the itunes, below devices. Just click on the ipod name and now, to the middle of the screen, you have the restore button.

If the issue persists even after the restore, you need to replace the ipod. You can either take it to an apple store or call apple care to get it replaced. Since the ipod is less than a year old, you will get a free replacement provided there is no water/physical damage.

Hope this info helps.

Thank You
Vinod
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I restored the ipod and it played one full song and part of another and then shut down again. I will contact apple care to get it replaced.
It needs to be replaced, unfortunately..:(