Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Mac Expert, 7+ years of experience in installation and trouble shooting of mac osx and apps

trying to sync my pc address list to my new ipad

Customer Question

Category: Mac
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 4 years ago.
Hi, welcome to justanswer. I am Jins here to assist you. Windows users need to have their contacts stored in Outlook Express, Outlook 2003 or later, Windows Contacts, or the Windows Address Book.

1. Connect your iPad to your computer and click its icon when it shows up in iTunes’ Source list. (If you use Outlook or Outlook Express, launch that now, too.)

2. In the main part of the iTunes window, click the Info tab.

3. Turn on the checkbox next to “Sync contacts from” and then use the drop-down menu to choose the program whose contacts you want to copy.

4. Click the Apply button in the lower-right corner of the iTunes window.

The iPad updates itself with the contact information stored in your address book. If you add new contacts while you have your iPad plugged in, choose File’Update iPad or click the Sync button in iTunes to manually move the new data over to your tablet.

To look up a pal on the iPad, tap the Home screen’s Contacts icon. Use the Search box or, on the Contacts list, flick to the person on the left side of the screen; take a shortcut by tapping the letter tab on the outer edge. Tap the name to see the person’s details.

Click here to see a detailed iPad syc Guide.