Dustin, Mac Enthusiast
Experience:  4 Years in the US Military working with Mac's and networking equipment
19897260

I would like to update the drivers for a viewsonic vg2030wm

Customer Question

I would like to update the drivers for a viewsonic vg2030wm so that I can use it with my new macbook pro. The new mbp uses a thunderbolt to dvi adapter. I've tested it on a number of other monitors and it works fine so I don't think it's the cables.
Please help. Have to get back to work.
Thanks,
Dave
XXX@XXXXXX.XXX
Category: Mac
Expert:  ehabtutor replied 2 years ago.

Ehab Tutor :

hi

Ehab Tutor :

welcome to just answer

Ehab Tutor :

it would be my pleasure to help you

Ehab Tutor :

tell me when you are ready

Customer :

I'm ready

Ehab Tutor :

hold on for a second please

Ehab Tutor :

i had the same problem the problem is with the dvi ouptut with viewsonic lcd recent monitors with mac

Ehab Tutor :

unfortunately the only solution is to switch to a regular VGA cable

Ehab Tutor :

which is really frustrating i know

Ehab Tutor :

and its not the cables problem as you stated. I assure you they also work perfeclty on my side on pc

Customer :

really, I don't have a via cable. It worked fine with my previous macbook. And as I said, it works with other monitors. Is there a way to reset the monitor?

Customer :

VGA i meab

Ehab Tutor :

vga is lower quality of course

Customer :

I know, it would be a stopgap but I don't have a vga cable

Ehab Tutor :

unfortunatley this problem has been there for a while now, and no one in viewsonic have moved to solve it

Ehab Tutor :

i think you should purchase some vga cable, they are cheap

Customer :

bummer - nice monitor - served me well

Ehab Tutor :

yeah

Ehab Tutor :

compatability issues my friend

Ehab Tutor :

the problem is that those big companies don't move to solve those issues and this case is really rare

Customer :

ok thanks a lot. this is what I've been hearing

Ehab Tutor :

thanks for you

Ehab Tutor :

Thanks for accepting so i can get paid for my help

Customer :

firmware from apple maybe

Ehab Tutor :

If you need any help at anytime. it would be my pleasure to help you again

Ehab Tutor :

yeah this would be a good choice

Customer :

I don't like not paying people. But that was the deal right? I could put 68 bucks to a new monitor.

Ehab Tutor :

i understand that the answer didn't solve your problem. but i gave you the honest answer from experience with the same brands and very similar case

Ehab Tutor :

by hitting accept is the only way i get paid for my time

Ehab Tutor :

thanks in advance

Customer :

Dude, your killing me. I'm not getting paid for my work now either. I didn't get my drivers updated. I think Apple and Viewsonic screwed us both.

Customer :

Cheers

Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.
Welcome To JustAnswer!

My name is Dustin, And I am one of the Experts who will assist you today!

I think, that there may be an alternate solution... One that wasnt considered..

First, Id like to ask you some questions about some info that wasnt exactly clear in your question..

1. You mentioned a macbook pro.. And im assuming thats the new computer that cannot connect to the viewsonic vg2030wm

Your mac book pro, what version of OSX does it have. Lion, Snow Leopard?