Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

copy my music library iPod classic

Hi, I'd like to copy my music library from my old iPod classic 30gb (2006??) into my MacBook Pro and then iCloud so I can sync it onto my iPad 2 and iPhone. The computer I used to load CD's and purchased music into the old iPod has died and therefore I have no copy of the music thats on my iPod. I have some music in my iTunes library in my MacBook Pro already. I recently updated my iPhone 4 to iOS 5 and have lost my ringtones and don't know how to get them back without purchasing them again or my music for that matter. I have got my email, calendar and contacts reloaded. With my purchase of your help can you help me do a couple of these things or just one of them for the fee?
Hi My name isXXXXX hope i can help you.

Are the Musics on your iPod are purchased from iTunes Store or downloaded from CDs ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Both
Unfortunately, you can't sync your iPod with your new iTunes Library since you already synced with another iTunes Library. If you sync with your iTunes Library, everything on your iPod will be erased with the contents of your new iTunes Library. So you can transfer the contents of your iPod to your Mac or to iTunes using a third application like iPod Computer Transfer for Mac, here it is : http://www.imtoo.com/ipod-computer-transfer-mac.html

The application will transfer everything from your iPod to your Computer or iTunes Library, then you can sync with your Mac. Let me know if that didn't worked...Only click Accept after we solved the problem.

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi Ashik: when I use this transfer app, will it copy my music from the iPod to my mac or will it remove it from my iPod in the transfer. My question is will this app leave my music on my iPod ?
It will transfer everything from your iPod to your Mac without deleting anything from your iPod.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Should I get the free download or buy the program?
If the free download works, you can buy the full program.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hi Ashik, sorry it's taken me a few days to get back to you. I bought the program and was able to copy my iPod library to my iTunes library on my MacBook Pro, as well as my phone and iPad. I had trouble tranferring my Playlists over but finally got it done. Thank you so much for your help on that.

I have one more question for you. I have a second iPad2 for my clients to use while waiting in my reception area. I have set it up so messages, calendar, emails, etc. will not sync with iCloud so my private information will not show up on it. I would like the Find my iPhone app to work so if it's stolen I can find out where it is. Right now it won't work for some reason. Can you tell me what settings need to be on for Find my iPhone app to work on an iPad2?

Can I click the I'm satisfied button so you get paid and still finish this last issue with you? Or do I need to wait till we are all done? Thank you, Ken.

You don't need any special settings. Just follow the instructions in here to setup iCloud and Find My iPad : http://www.apple.com/icloud/setup/

Click Accept after we solved the problem...
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi Ashik: it's midnight here and the iPad2 I'm referring to is at work. I will do what you answered back and contact you tomorrow. I checked my Visa account online because of something else and I see a $58.00 Canadian dollar charge went through to Just Answer on Nov. 2nd. Did you receive that payment? Thank you, Ken.
Hi Ken, No, that is the deposit you made here to unlock answers. I will not get paid until you hit Accept (The money will be only released from your JustAnswer account only if you click Accept)
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ok, now I understand. I will follow the instructions on the link you sent me and let you know how it went tomorrow evening my time. Talk to you tomorrow, Ken.
Okay..Ken
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi Ashik: when I go to settings on my iPad2, iCloud is grey, not black so when I press it nothing happens. I have it plugged into my laptop right now but can't seem to get iCloud to turn black so I can access it. Any ideas? Ken.
Thats strange...have you tried restarting your ipad ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes, I just did and iCloud and Twitter are gray, the other settings are all black.
Is there is any restrictions set to your iPad ? Check under General
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes, I had restrictions on, and under Allow Changes, I went to accounts and had don't allow changes check marked. I've allowed changes now and iCloud became black. I'll see if I can set it up now.
ok
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi Ashik: I was able to get it all set up with iCloud and find my iphone and put restrictions back on so no one can change it. Thanks for all your help, you directed me in the right direction and I appreciate your expertise. Have a great day, thank you, Ken.
You're most welcome Ken !