Engineer John C., Computer Engineer & Mac Enthusiast
Experience:  I am Computer Science Engineer CompTIA A+ and Cisco certified and have 10 years of experience fixing Macs
23822421

I have forgotten my user name and password. Therefore I cant

I have forgotten my user name and password. Therefore I cant click onto Skype with my iphone nor can I receive any Skype calls.
Hello, I am Engineer John C., welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for asking your question.

Please remember I do not receive a salary from this company. I am an independent Computer Science Engineer with more than 10 years of experience working with Computers, and now working here. The only way for me to be compensated for my time is when the customer (You) click the Accept button when satisfied. Thank you for your help and understanding.

After you follow my solution, please let me know if the issue is not solved clicking the "Reply to your expert" gray button, so we can continue troubleshooting. DO NOT click Accept if you are not positively satisfied.

Please follow the steps below from your computer, in order to change your Skype password:

1- From your computer click here -----> www.skype.com

2- Then click "Sign In" on the upper right

3- Then click "Forgotten your password?"

4- Enter your email address and click "Get password"

5- Then check your email account, you should have an email message from Skype.

6- IMPORTANT: you will receive a link and a code, just disregard the code, the code it is NOT the password, so please disregard it. Instead, just click the LINK you receive on that email and then you will be prompted for a new password.

7- Then try to use Skype and enter the new password XXXXX prompted.

8- After you follow my solution, please let me know if the issue is not solved clicking the "Reply to your expert" gray button, so we can continue troubleshooting. DO NOT click Accept if you are not positively satisfied.

9- If I helped please scroll down and click the green Accept button for me to be paid, that's the only way for me to be compensated for my time (Even if you have a subscription or trial plan with us I need you to click Accept for me to be paid from JustAnswer. And even if you have a regular account and see the holding charge in your credit / debit / or PayPal account, I need you to click Accept for the money to be released to me)

Thank you

John C.