Sergio A.
Sergio A., Mac Specialist
Experience:  Over 10 years experience configuring and repairing Mac's.
45006406

Ipad cannot connect to the server because the server stopped responding con

Customer Question

Ipad "cannot connect to the server because the server stopped responding"

connection is via 3G, i dont use the WIFI
Category: Mac
Expert:  Sergio A. replied 2 years ago.

Sergio A. :

Hi, my name is Sergio. Thanks for allowing me to help you.

Expert:  Sergio A. replied 2 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Expert:  Sergio A. replied 2 years ago.
Sorry we did not connect using chat. Before we can start troubleshooting, I'll need to ask you a few questions:

1) What application is giving you the error?
2) Who is your cellular carrier?
3) When did it last work?
4) Has anything changed since it last worked?

Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi

1. i cant connect to any websites via safari

2. my carrier is vodaphone

3. the connection starting failing around 4 days ago

4. i updated the ipad software yesterday, but this hasnt helped

thanks

Expert:  Sergio A. replied 2 years ago.
OK, let's try completely resetting your device by executing the following action:

Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button together for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

Once this completes, retest.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi,

ok, have done that and tried to connect to the web via safari

same message appears

cannot open page

safari could not open the page because the server stopped responding

Expert:  Sergio A. replied 2 years ago.
OK, am I correct that no internet application is working?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes, that is correct
Expert:  Sergio A. replied 2 years ago.
OK, then it seems like you have taken all of the right steps, so I would contact your cellular provider.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok, will try that
Expert:  Sergio A. replied 2 years ago.
Good luck