Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

Greetings, Im hoping you can help me. Ive recently purchased

Customer Question

Greetings, I’m hoping you can help me. I've recently purchased several gadgets (none of which I have the slightest clue how to use). Here’s the skinny:
I’ve done tons of research on this, but I can’t find a definitive answer.
1. I need to know whether I can play Pandora in my car (through my Alpine INA W910 receiver), via an iPod touch 4G.
***My Droid phone can act as a mobile hot spot to connect the iPod Touch to the internet.
***The rear USB port is already wired for iDevices; I play my ANCIENT iPod (had it since 2003) through it and it sounds amazing…it just doesn’t play Pandora.
2. I have never used a Mac. However, I’m trying to become a cool kid: I just purchased both the MacBook Air and the iPod touch 4G; the latter, in hopes of your answer to my first question being “YES, silly...of course you can!”
3. I have always had my iTunes on my mom’s pc.
- Export my iTunes library to my MacBook Air? (Can I keep a copy of my library on my mom's pc?)
- Connect my new iPod touch 4G to my iTunes. (If I do this, what will happen to my old iPod?)
****Is there a way to keep both my iPods connected to my (ONE) library on BOTH computers? (One pc/one Mac)?

Thank You For Any Assistance You can Offer,
Category: Mac
Expert:  robgranholm replied 4 years ago.
Hi, this may take a few conversation rounds but here you go, I'm glad to do it!

Yes of course you can stream Pandora from your iPad to your stereo, I do it with my iPhone all the time, as long as you have a good data connection, meaning the iPod touch can open safari and browse, Pandora will connect and play. I'm using the headphone jack, but I don't think that will matter if your Alpine supports the bottom jack.

As for iTunes. You can only sync with ONE library on ONE computer, but you can sync as many devices to that ONE library as you want. I sync several iPods and an iPhone to one library.

Essentially you need to copy over all the content from your old library to the new one, then re-sync you iPod. It's going to tell you that it needs to "erase" everything, which is true, but it's just going to put it all back on.