Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

My new Iphone 4s is stuck on rge connect to itunes screen what

Customer Question

My new Iphone 4s is stuck on rge connect to itunes screen what do I do
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
You plugged it in and opened iTunes?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
yes
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hold the Sleep and the Menu buttons together until you see the Apple logo
Mike, Mac Medic
Experience: Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
done that it is sitting on connect to itunes again nothing seems to register on itunes. On first set up message came up about a camera this time nothing seems to be happening it is like itunes cant see it
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Answer came too late.
just need someone to help
Expert:  John T. F. replied 3 years ago.
Hello! My name is XXXXX XXXXX self-employed tech, and I'm offering my time in good faith today to assist you on this question.

Do you still need assistance with this issue?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes

one additiona l piece of info it has a toolbar saying apple iphone then camera connected open asking for a program to launch from.

Phone still stuck on connect to itunes nothing seems to register on itunes
Dismiss the dialog on your computer for the camera.

Have you downloaded and installed the latest version of iTunes? You must be running v10.5 for proper operation.

Make sure you have downloaded and installed the latest version of iTunes before attempting to sync an iPhone 4s:
http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
software is to date
when I plug usb with phone into computer a winzip thing comes up but nothing on itunes
What is the "Winzip" thing specifically asking/requesting?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
software is up to date checked that and verified.
When I plug the phone into the computer it a winzip thing comes up asking me to activate winzip.
I recommend removing Winzip and then testing again. WinZip should not be popping up when a phone is plugged in...
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have done this it is now coming up with a thing saying apple iphone camera connected when I plug the phone in it is asking for a progam to select to launch it
Okay, let's get that out of the way, what are the options there?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
it say select program to launch choices are word publisher or microsoft scanner and camera wizard
Okay dismiss the screen, we know the system is detecting an iPhone connected in any case.

Is iTunes open and yet nothing appears in the sidebar for the iPhone?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok it thinks the Iphone is a camera it has found the new hardware and wants to know where to find the driver to install it,
Normally, iTunes itself should install all needed drivers for a device.

Please unplug the iPhone...

Go to the Control Panel and click "Add/Remove Programs" (for Windows XP) or "Uninstall a Program"/"Programs & Features" (Windows Vista & 7) to uninstall iTunes and related software components in the following order and then restart your computer:

iTunes
QuickTime
Apple Software Update
Apple Mobile Device Support
Bonjour
Apple Application Support

If you have trouble uninstalling any of the above, try the following Microsoft Fix It utility to troubleshoot the uninstallation:

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall

Once you've completed the removal, restart your computer and re-install iTunes again. Make sure you download the latest release:
http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

If you *still* receive errors when attempting to install/uninstall or sync after installation, try temporarily disabling any anti-virus or firewall software you may be running. If the above does not help, let me know and we'll diagnose further.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
all done thanks so much God bless you
Great, please click Accept on this message so I am credited for assisting you today.

Thanks,