John T. F., Mac Druid
Experience:  20+ years in the computer/Mac industry

I cant make appointments on the calendar

I can't make appointments on the calendar
Category: Mac
Expert:  John T. F. replied 2 years ago.
Hello! My name is XXXXX XXXXX self-employed tech, and I'm offering my time in good faith today to assist you on this question.

Is this iCal on your Mac that you are having issues with?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Both my Mac Book and I my iPhone.
Okay, are you able to sign in to https://www.icloud.com and view/modify calendar data?

If not, can you please tell me the specific error you received?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I got into this site but do not know how to find view/modify. I clicked on the calendar.
You can view an event by double-clicking on it. You can, also, enter a new event by double-clicking on an empty area of the date in the calendar.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes, I know. I finally got into the Macbook calendar for a new event but then it shows all my calendar items double. I still can't get a plus sign on my iPhone calendar so that I can add a new event.
Okay, in iCal on your Macbook, if you click the Calendar button at the top left, you should see the Calendars coming from iCloud and you will probably see a duplicate list below that of calendars that are local/on your Mac? Uncheck the duplicated calendars on your Mac and see if the duplicate events go away...

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok, that worked. Back to my iPhone. None of my calendar items show on my phone but they all showed when I went into iCloud on line.
Great,

on your iPhone, if you go into Settings > iCloud

Does it should the account as loged in and all options, including Calendar, turn ON?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes
Alright, open the Calendar on your iPhone, and click the Calendar button. Make sure you see the iCloud Calendars listed and enabled.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't understand. I open the calendar app but I don't see how to click the calendar button (every thing's by touch not click). I tried touching the all calendars but nothing happened.
You should see a Calendar button toward the top left.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry, there is no calendar button on the iPhone.
What version of iOS are you currently running?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
5.0
Do you only have one calendar on iCloud?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes. I have to leave now.
That's fine, just respond back here when you are ready to troubleshoot further...

http://www.justanswer.com/mac-computers/5qlbt-can-t-appointments-calendar.html
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok. I am back
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Are we connected yet?
Okay great,

if iCloud Calendar events aren't showing up on the iPhone still, go into Settings > iCloud and turn OFF iCloud calendar syncing.

Then, turn your iPhone off and back on.

Return to Settings > iCloud and re-enable Calendar syncing.

Try creating a new event on the phone and see if it will properly sync to iCloud.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I did all of the above and it still does not allow me to enter a new event. All of my scheduled events do not show up either.
Alright, go into Settings > iCloud and scroll down to the bottom of the screen until your find the "Delete Account" button.

Delete the account and then re-enter your Apple ID and password XXXXX recreate it.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It works!!!!! Thank you soooo much.
Fantastic!

Please click ACCEPT so I am credited with assisting you for today.

If you need anything in the future, I will be glad to assist you further.

Thanks,
John T. F., Mac Druid
Experience: 20+ years in the computer/Mac industry