Dustin, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Over a decade putting the missing byte back into Apple. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

I am connected to Internet but my iTunes says I am not and

I am connected to Internet but my iTunes says I am not and I get "the requested URL/itunes/win/10.5/ was not found on this server: and "apace/2.23 server at 80 as message. I have a PC. I can get into iTunes store but can't get the updates
Welcome To JustAnswer!

My name isXXXXX am one of the Experts who will assist you today!

Ive seen this issue several times.. There are several fixes.. So if the first doesnt work, just send me a reply so we can try the next.

Lets try this first.

click start, all programs, accessories, right click command prompt..

click run as admin

then.. id like you to type in exactly..

netsh winsock reset

( press enter)

ipconfig /release

( press enter)

ipconfig /flushdns

(press enter)

netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt

(press enter)

now.. restart your computer..

Now.. Start itunes, and try to update again and let me know what happens!

To get back to me..

Come back to

On the top right, click login. use the same email address you used to ask this question.

Once logged in.

On the top right,, click on my questions. And you will see our question listed there.

Simply click our question, and send me a response!

Or, you can find any of my replies in your email, click on it and it will bring you back to, and this specific question we are working on together!

Please click the green accept button to show I have assisted you.

If you still need assistance, You can reply to this message at any time.
If my answer helped, please make sure to leave positive feedback on the screen that comes up after clicking accept. If my answer did not work, please wait to leave feedback till we get the issue fixed!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I did the above, but nothing changed. When I run diagnostics in iTunes, I am told I am not connected to Internet (but I am).

how long ago did you start having this issue with itunes?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I don't know. ITunes has always worked, but whle trying to set up iCloud (which works on my iphone 4S but not on my frst-generation iPad)I keep getting the message that I am not connected to the Internet. I run the diagnostics and get the message about the URL not found on this server, etc. as above. Thanks.
Ok.. Lets try a manual update of itunes .. as that may help

click the link below.

download and save itunes.. Then.. Once fully downloaded. open the file and run it to install it..

Then. once the itunes update is iinstalled.

restart the computer. And then try again. Do you still get that error?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Still getting the message that I am not connected to internet when I run diagnostics

The itunes diagnostic for network connectivity.. ?

Ok.. Question.. If you start google chrome..

And go to

does it open?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ok.. Lets try this..

go to start, click default programs. click on internet explorer.. and then click set as default.

Once thats done.. next.

1. Start Internet Explorer.
  2. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.

3. On the Advanced tab, click Reset.

4. In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset to confirm.
then, close internet explorer.. Now.. If itunes is open.

Close it.. Then open it again.. and then try again to get to the store, will it connect now?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Now the Internet test passes but it says "secure link to iTunes store faled" (and I don't want IE to be my default browser...have I somehow changed that setting by doing the above steps?)
yes.. We did change it.. And thats the idea.. Itunes has issues a lot of times when chrome or mozilla is the default browser.. So for the moment were just trying to get it working..

The message about secure link, usually means yoru antivirus or firewall is getting in the way of the itunes store connection..

What we need to do is disable you antivirus temporarily to test, do you have mcafee, norton, symantec, avg, kapersky?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ok.. Right click the norton icon near your clock at the lower right hand side. Look for something that says disable norton.

Once you have turned off real time protection, or disabled norton.

Close itunes, open it, and try to go to the store again.. What happens?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Now nothing is working...I can't even get to your post on my computer (am using my iPhone instead) and none of my old settings for IE appear. Sorry, but my iTunes is working but now my basics are gone (google one page, etc.). What has happened?????
If all you did.. Was disable Noton.. Correct..

then That alone wouldnt kill your files or data on the computer..

try restarting t he computer. Does that change any of the new issus?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I give up. I found a way to get back to my files, and itunes is downloading, so I am not going to mess with this any more for fear of dong somethng I could not reverse.. Thank you for your help.
Your welcome.. If you want t o continue in the future, send me a reply.

It may be best if we did a remote suppoort connection, where I could connect to you and your computer and try to run the repair steps myself.

Either way, Thank you for your time..