Dustin, Mac Enthusiast
Experience:  4 Years in the US Military working with Mac's and networking equipment
19897260

I cant sync microsoft outlook 2010 with the iphone 4s

I can't sync microsoft outlook 2010 with the iphone 4s
Category: Mac
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.
Welcome To JustAnswer!

My name isXXXXX am one of the Experts who will assist you today!

Question.. Is this teh first time you have tried connectiing outlook to Icloud.. Or.. was it working previously and suddenly quit working?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It worked when I first set up the Iphone 4s. I was using outlook 2007 at the time. The coloring on the calendar was abnormal and tasks never worked. It then stopped working all together. I then upgraded to outlook 2010 32 bit and it has never worked. I sync to icloud from the 4s which i also have on my pc and it works fine.
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.
Aha.. When you upgraded to outlook 2010.. Did you completely remove office 2007 and outlook 2007 with the office removal utility from MicroSoft..??
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no, i upgraded by downloading it from microsoft, but the sync had stopped working while i was still using outlook 2007, so that is not the problem
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I think that this may be the hear of the problem, but I don' t know how to fix the not available
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.
Right! But.. Since outlook 2007 and outlook 2010 share a lot of registry entries.. If the sync wasnt working with 2007 then installing 2010 wouldnt fix the issue, it would continue the issue.

Ok. so you downloaded and installed from microsoft.. In that case.. We should be able to do a full removal of microsoft office 2007 and 2010.

then.. reinstall just 2010 to get a clean install of outlook 2010 ( this wont erase any of your pst files / mail files, as they are stored in an alternate location from the program files/ reg entries)

before we proceed, I just wanted to mention that fixing syncing issues can be tedios and time consuming, but they are fixable..

So in short, were going to

1. completely remove office 2007 + 2010 using the office removal tool
2. restart computer and reinstall only office 2010
3. setup the outlook 2010 sync again, and if it still doesnt work. Then create a new mail profile in outlook, and start the sync again..

So to start with.. I need to know if you downloaded only outlook 2010 from Microsoft. Or did you pay for the whole office 2010 suite?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
only outlook 2010
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.
Ok.. As far as Office 2007.. did you have the full version of office 2007 installed.. Or just outlook 2007?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I had office standard 2007, and oneNote home and Student 2007, and outlook connector, and now outlook 2010
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.
Thanks..

Before we proceed.. Id like to try and download and install the i cloud control panel again.

to do so go to the link below

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1455

download it, save it.. And then install it. once fully installed.

restart the computer..

Then start the icloud control panel, make sure you register your icloud control panel

then.. inside the control panel, does it show outlook as a highlighted option to sync to?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Its communicating to some extent. I need to go but will get back to you with further information tomorrow. Thanks for your help
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.
Your welcome.. Thank you for your patience.

Im sure that we can fine tune, and get it working tommorow.

To get back to me..

Come back to Justanswer.com

On the top right, click login. use the same email address you used to ask this question.

Once logged in.

On the top right,, click on my questions. And you will see our question listed there.

Simply click our question, and send me a response!

Or, you can find any of my replies in your email, click on it and it will bring you back to Justanswer.com, and this specific question we are working on together!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Reloading icloud seems to be the answer, thanks
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.
Excellent! If your happy with the working solution you recieved..

Please click the green accept button to denote that I was able to help you.

Thank you for getting back to me, and if you need anything further, let me know!
Dustin, Mac Enthusiast
Experience: 4 Years in the US Military working with Mac's and networking equipment