Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience:  worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products

Upgraded iPhone today and lost all my apps ... is there a way

Customer Question

Upgraded iPhone today and lost all my apps ... is there a way to get them back with data or transfer all my paid iPhone apps to phone rather than re-installing one at a time
Category: Mac
Expert:  Vinod Menon replied 2 years ago.

I am Vinod. I will try my best to help you resolve this issue.

Do you have all the apps in the computer (itunes)?

Thank you
Vinod
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes
Let's check whether your apps are still in the backup. If they are, we can restore it from the backup. Otherwise, if the apps are in the itunes, we can sync them.

Open itunes in the computer and connect the iphone. Now your phone will be listed to the left side of the itunes, below "devices".

Just right click on the phone name and click on "restore from backup"

Let me know whether this resolves your issue. Click on accept only after your issue is resolved.
Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience: worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Restoring something .....
ok...let's wait..
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no only restored what I have downloaded today -- original apps not there
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no only restored what I have downloaded today -- original apps not there.
when I was upgrading, the phone was backed up
let's now click on the iphone name listed to the left side, below "devices".

Now to the middle of the screen, you have a number of tabs such as Summary, Info, Apps, Photos etc. Click on Apps.

Now select "sync apps" and a number of apps will be listed below. Just check the apps you need and click on apply/sync.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
listed there are just the apps I downloaded since upgrade -- backup did save any "apps" saved myself from original
sorry to hear that..:(

Usually when you update the phone, the older data is backed up. Not sure what happened here.

Now we have to download it from the cloud. Use this doc for that

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2519
It would be better to download it to your computer first, as there is an option called "download all"
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
downloading all the apps -- will they contain any data-files that I added?
may be not..Usually the cloud should store all data, but I am not sure of that, as I am also new to the cloud technology...:)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi - I'm back.. All apps downloaded into Itunes -- how do I get them over to my Iphone?
sorry for the late reply...

Open itunes in the computer and connect the iphone. Your iphone will be listed to the left side of the itunes, below devices.

Click on the phone name, and now to the middle of the screen, you will find a number of tabs such as summary, apps, info, photos etc.

Click on the apps tab. Now select 'sync apps'. Now a number of apps will be listed below. Just select the apps you need on the phone and click on apply/sync.