Omer Mushahwar
Omer Mushahwar, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  I work with Mac Computers and Servers on a daily basis
37817776

I recently downloaded the new Foxfire and since have Foxfire

I recently downloaded the new Foxfire and since have Foxfire freezing.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Omer Mushahwar replied 3 years ago.

Omer Mushahwar :

Hi and welcome to just answer.com I am one of the experts that can help

Can you please tell me what version of Firefox you currently have At the top of the Menu, go over to the Help menu and select About Firefox

Customer:

I have the latest upgrade. I cannot get on foxfire--it is frozen. that is my problem

Omer Mushahwar :

Ok just want to make sure it was the latest

So can you not launch fire fox at all?

Or does it launch and then freeze?

Can you use the menus at the top to open it in safe mode?

Customer:

it froze open, but nothing works at all.

Omer Mushahwar :

If it wont open at all the best thing to do would be to delete it from your machine
Go to finder applications and drag the firefox application folder to the trash
Then go to ~/Library/Preferences/org.mozilla.firefox.plist delete that .

Then use safari to download a fresh install and then reinstall it using firefox as there may have been an issue with the download?

Customer:

my yahoo mail is working just fine on safari

Omer Mushahwar :

now is it just your yahoo mail that has an issue on firefox or everything? I am assuming everything

Customer:

everything

Omer Mushahwar :

Thanks just wanted to be clear

Please try the steps I mentioned and let me know if it works after a reinstall

Omer Mushahwar :

Any luck?

Customer:

Firefox will not go to the trash

Omer Mushahwar :

What happens when you right click and select move to trash?

Is firefox open?

Click on the apple in the toolbar

Select Force Quit and quit firefox and then try to move it to trash

Customer:

also, I can't find the library

Customer:

How do you right click?

Omer Mushahwar :

The library with your preferences should be found under your user folder
The other location would be right under your hard drive name in finder

Depends on your mouse it could be a right click or a double click to get the folder options

Experience: I work with Mac Computers and Servers on a daily basis