Jason
Jason, Mac Technician
Experience:  Several years of supporting Mac systems.

My apple id will not work on my iphone but works on my computer,

Customer Question

My apple id will not work on my iphone but works on my computer, I am not able to download anything onto my phone. How do I fix this? I have changed my password XXXXX times and it still does not work. Iclouds says the same thing.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jason replied 2 years ago.
Greetings,

Welcome to Just Answer.

My name is Jason and I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

Please, elaborate on the specific issue you are having.

When you attempt to log in to the Apple store on your iPhone, are you given any errors?

.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
cannot connect to itunes store, icloud says user name or password incorrect
Expert:  Jason replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for the update.

If you have been able to sign in before, I suggest that you first, turn the iPhone off, back on, then try again.

If that does not work, then please, log into your iCloud account in your web browser and change your password to a password that does not have any special characters ((*O&#&$*O, then try again.

You may click the Accept button on the bottom right of your screen & click Ok now and leave any feedback for me that you feel is appropriate.

Thank you,
- Jason

If you ever want to work with me as your expert in the future, please bookmark the following website. You can ask any future questions directly to me and I will be the expert assigned to your case: http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-theextraordinaire/
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

none of that worked

Expert:  Jason replied 2 years ago.

If you plug your phone into your computer, open iTunes, and log in to the Apple store, are you successful?

.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
it will open on the computer but not on the iphone
Expert:  Jason replied 2 years ago.

Are you using your email address for the username or your AOL screen name?

.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes
Expert:  Jason replied 2 years ago.

Are you using your email address for the username OR your AOL screen name?

Which one?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
both
Expert:  Jason replied 2 years ago.

Thank you.

On the iPhone, please do the following:
- Tap Settings > Store > Sign In
- Enter your AOL username and AOL password (this will not be the full email address, only what comes before the @ sign).

Please, keep me updated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the app store is working now but the icloud still isnt
Expert:  Jason replied 2 years ago.

Now you must log into the iCloud with the same AOL username and password.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
it wont let me still says user name or password is incorrect
Expert:  Jason replied 2 years ago.

Are you entering your AOL username without @aol.com for the username? If so, please user your email address and try again.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
my email is preset in the phone and will not let me edit it
Expert:  Jason replied 2 years ago.

Ok, but that is the correct email address associated with your Apple account?

Please, turn the phone off once more, turn it on, and attempt to login to the iCloud.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes it is, still doesn't work
Expert:  Jason replied 2 years ago.

Can you sign into the iCloud in your Internet browser? You may have an issue with your iCloud account.

.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
there is no to sign in at
Expert:  Jason replied 2 years ago.

Please, sign in at the following page: https://www.icloud.com/
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i can't seem to figure it out
Expert:  Jason replied 2 years ago.

You can't seem to figure what out?

Click this link: https://www.icloud.com/

On the resulting page, log into your account.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i did, i have done all the things it has said to do
Expert:  Jason replied 2 years ago.

What are you referring to when you say that you had done all the things that it said to?

Are you able to log in online on that site?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes, i was able to log in
Expert:  Jason replied 2 years ago.

Ok, I still do not understand what your reference to "doing all that it asked" is referring to.

After you did all of that, did you try again on the iPhone?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes I tried what it instructed me to do , it said" to sign in with this account, use it to set up icloud on a devise' I followed the steps and it still will not work! should I delete iclould and can I reinstall it?
Expert:  Jason replied 2 years ago.

Yes, please uninstall and reinstall.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok now the iclouds works and the apple id doen't work now
Expert:  Jason replied 2 years ago.

Where does the Apple ID not work?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
in the app and itunes store
Expert:  Jason replied 2 years ago.

On the iPhone, please do the following:
- Tap Settings > Store > Sign In

.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
it will only let le log on with the ful email address, i turned phone off and on and still doesn't work
Expert:  Jason replied 2 years ago.

It was working earlier, as you stated.

Please, try again. Remember to only enter your aol screen name, not the full email address.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok i did that, it made me change my password again and now they both don't work again
Expert:  Jason replied 2 years ago.

I am not there with you, so I do not know what you are doing.

You were able to log in with your AOL account, now you tell me that it "made you change" your password for some reason and cannot connect now.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

for some reason it will not allow me to share the password with icloud and apple id, i deleted icloud again and addedit back, now i have icloud and can get into it but still can not get into app and i tunes again, seems when i get one i loose the other

Expert:  Jason replied 2 years ago.
I have run out of ideas.

For this reason, I am opting out of the question and allowing another expert the chance to help.

I wish you luck // Peace.
Expert:  Jason replied 2 years ago.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok thank you for trying! have a good day1
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok thank you for trying! have a good day!