Engineer John C., Computer Engineer & Mac Enthusiast
Experience:  I am Computer Science Engineer CompTIA A+ and Cisco certified and have 10 years of experience fixing Macs
23822421

My ipad wont shut off,what do I do

My ipad won't shut off,what do I do?
Hello, I am Engineer John C., welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for asking your question.

What happens when you try to turn it off ? Are you pressing the power button on the upper right corner ?

Please click the "Reply to expert" button below to let me know.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Yes I pressed and held the power button on upper right hand corner but the screen still shows the rotating circle that you get when shutting down.

OK, thank you!. Please remember I do not receive a salary from this company. I am an independent Computer Science Engineer with more than 10 years of experience working with Mac computers and Apple devices, and now working here. The only way for me to be compensated for my time is when the customer (You) click the Accept button when satisfied. Thank you for your help and understanding.

After you follow my solution, please let me know if the issue is not solved clicking the "Reply to your expert" gray button, so we can continue troubleshooting. DO NOT click Accept if you are not positively satisfied.

Ok, please reset the iPad. To reset it, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time for at least 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

If you get the message "slide to power off" ignore it. Just wait until the Apple logo appears.

Remember when you get the message "slide to power off" ignore it. Just wait until the Apple logo appears.

http://funwidmasti.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/ipad-sleep-wake-button-home3.jpg

If I helped please scroll down and click the green Accept button for me to be paid, that's the only way for me to be compensated for my time (Even if you have a subscription or trial plan with us I need you to click Accept for me to be paid from JustAnswer. And even if you have a regular account and see the holding charge in your credit / debit / or PayPal account, I need you to click Accept for the money to be released to me)

Thank you

John C.