Omer Mushahwar
Omer Mushahwar, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  I work with Mac Computers and Servers on a daily basis

I just brought my new iPad home and I cant get iTunes to recognize

I just brought my new iPad home and I can't get iTunes to recognize it when i plug it in.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Omer Mushahwar replied 2 years ago.

Omer Mushahwar :

Hi I am one of the experts here on Just Answer.com

Can you tell me what version of Itunes your computer is running?

And did you get a specific error while trying to download the latest itunes?

Customer: Version10.1.0.56
Customer: No specific arrow message, just stopped in the middle of the download
Omer Mushahwar :

And that happens every time you try to download the file?

Customer: Yes
Omer Mushahwar :

One other question when you say you just got a new Ipad is that the original ipad or the ipad 2? I have to ask just to be clear

Customer: iPad 2
Omer Mushahwar :

Ok Thanks give me one second

Omer Mushahwar :

Im going to try and upload a copy of the install to a file share you can try downloading from give me just a minute to set that up

Omer Mushahwar :

Sorry the download of the lastest itunes from apple is taking alittle longer than expected

Omer Mushahwar :

Are there any file share sites you are familiar with

Omer Mushahwar :

?

Customer: Not really but I can probably find one if u help me
Omer Mushahwar :

Ok I will use Wikisend to upload it and provide a link for you to download it from the link is good for 1 week

Omer Mushahwar :

It will take a couple minutes to reupload so I can provide you a link

Customer: Am I supposed to be doing anything right now.
Customer: Is my problem because I do not have the right version of iTunes.
Omer Mushahwar :

Its probably the main part

Omer Mushahwar :

as the updates all include driver updates

Omer Mushahwar :
Omer Mushahwar :

use this link

Omer Mushahwar :

I uploaded the latest download

Omer Mushahwar :

you should be able to download it there

Omer Mushahwar :

please download it and install and let me know if this clears up your ipad issue

Omer Mushahwar :

I apologize for the delay in getting the upload link

Customer: I am not sure how to find this download
Omer Mushahwar :

Once you click on the link do you see the green download button?

Omer Mushahwar :

If clicking oin the link doesnt work simply copy and paste it into your browser window to open it

Customer: I am talking to you on my iPad not my computer where iTunes is loaded. I just went to my email and it is now loading the data from our chat. Hold on a second. It says "loading data please wait"
Omer Mushahwar :

Ok sounds good

Customer: Does it usually take this long to load the data on your website.
Customer:

I don't seem to have a link to the driver download. Can you send it to me again?

Omer Mushahwar :

sure one second

Omer Mushahwar :

Sorry there seems to be an issue with the site loading the experts dont have control of that the site is run by Just Answer.com

I will repost the link in just a second

Omer Mushahwar :

Just double checking to make sure the file fully uploaded correctly so you dont get a bad download

Omer Mushahwar :

Currently says 2 minutes to download as soon as I have full comfirmation that its working I will resend the link

Omer Mushahwar :

DANGEROUS URL REMOVED

Omer Mushahwar :

That is the link

Omer Mushahwar :

to get you the download for the latest itunes

Omer Mushahwar :

click on the link to open it

Omer Mushahwar :

then click the green download button

Customer:

clicking on the link in your reply does nothing

Omer Mushahwar :

DANGEROUS URL REMOVED

Omer Mushahwar :

try simply copying this into your browser address bar

Omer Mushahwar :

Full Size Image

Omer Mushahwar :

this picture is what the website looks like

Omer Mushahwar :

once you copy the address in your web browser and go to it

Customer:

When I put it in the browser bar it takes me to a google search site that tells me different sites to use to help me with the dangerous URL, including your site

Omer Mushahwar :

Can you tell me what browser you are using?

Customer:

I'm pretty sure it is intenet explorer

Customer:

But it might be the google browser as google is set up as my home page

Omer Mushahwar :

Just Answer chat was blocking the link because the link had .exe so it changed it to Dangerous URL Removed as we dont allow .exe in link titles
However the FTP site puts the full file name in the hyperlink so sorry I forgot it put .exe in the line so you are seeing dangerous ulr removed

Omer Mushahwar :

Please simply copy this bolded line in

DANGEROUS URL REMOVED

Customer:

same thing happened, it went to a google search site

Omer Mushahwar :

Not sure why but the link keeps getting blocked out

Omer Mushahwar :

Ok please go to wikisend.com

Omer Mushahwar :

/download

Omer Mushahwar :

/710896
/iTunesSetup.exe

Omer Mushahwar :

so type in wikisend.com/download/710896/ the itunes par

Omer Mushahwar :

it will get you where you need to go

Customer: It is downloading now and working yeah
Omer Mushahwar :

Wonderful

Omer Mushahwar :

So itunes and your ipad is now working or is it still downloading

Customer: Computer is restarting after a successful download
Omer Mushahwar :

Glad to hear that did the install run yet or are you planning that after the restart?

Customer: Computer is restarting now
Omer Mushahwar :

Ok let me know how it goes after the restart

Customer:

OK Everything is fine now. the new version of itunes has recognized my new ipad. Thanks for your help

Omer Mushahwar :

Glad i could help sorry for the delays in getting you the file over

Omer Mushahwar :

Please click accept answer so we may close the question

Omer Mushahwar :

And thanks for using Just Answer.com

Experience: I work with Mac Computers and Servers on a daily basis