Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience:  worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products

My IPOD shuffle will not work, period. The light that indictes

Customer Question

My IPOD shuffle will not work, period. The light that indictes the battery power and functions does not come on and I cannot get the unit to charge. When Plugged into my computer the red light comes on briefly then goes out. I have left the unit plugged in overnite and nothing happens, not charged up or anything.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Vinod Menon replied 5 years ago.

I am Vinod. I will try my best to help you resolve this issue.

If it is showing the red color when plugged in, it means the ipod is void of charge. Let's plug it into the computer. Then turn it off and then then turn it back on. Wait for 3-5 minutes, and let's see whether any orange or green color shows up.

If it does not, try with different usb cords if you have one and also with different computers.

If that does not work either, I am afraid, it has to be replaced/repaired. If you ipod is under warranty, you will get a free replacement provided there is no water/physical damage. You can either take it to an apple store nearby or call apple care to set up a replacement.

Hope this info helps. Let me know if you have any difficulty.

Thank You
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I'm waiting for the 3-5 minutes to elapse to see if that works.
no problem..take your time..
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Nothing happened. The light did not come on and the unit is dead. I only have one computer and do not have compatible USB plug-ins for the unit.

I guess the unit is done for.

All U have suggested I have done several times before with the same results-nothing.

THX for trying.

sorry to hear that..:(

if your ipod is under warranty, you will get a free replacement. If it is not, you can find the repair prices from here