Mac Tech
Mac Tech, Apple Specialist
Experience:  7 + Years Supporting Apple Products
30013869

I need to widen my screen

Customer Question

I need to widen my screen
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mac Tech replied 2 years ago.
Hi, and thanks for using JustAnswer.

Add this page to your Favorites/Bookmarks first, so as to get back to me anytime later on, if needed.

Is this for Safari or one of your Applications?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
for safari
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I want to have a full screen
Expert:  Mac Tech replied 2 years ago.
Let's give this a try.

Please look in the upper left hand corner of your Safari window, you should see three small round colored buttons.

One will be red, one will be yellow and one will be green.

Place your cursor over the green button and click once.

This should expand the Safari window to full screen.

Let me know if that did not work for you.
Mac Tech, Apple Specialist
Experience: 7 + Years Supporting Apple Products
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Do not charge my credit card, will visit apple store
Expert:  Mac Tech replied 2 years ago.
Did you try my suggestion?
Expert:  Mac Tech replied 2 years ago.
Here it is again:

---------------------------
Let's give this a try.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No it did not work!!!!
Expert:  Mac Tech replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your reply.

If you minimize ALL applications, does your desktop cover the entire physical dimensions of your screen?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I do not understand minimize all applications
Expert:  Mac Tech replied 2 years ago.
I'm sorry I did not make myself clear.

To minimize, click on the yellow button.

Also, try this while I await your answer to my previous question please:

If you want to make a window wider, just drag that bottom right corner with the diagonal lines.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The yellow button did not work, dragging bottom right corner widen the scree to the right but still have space on left to fill out screen
Expert:  Mac Tech replied 2 years ago.
Sounds like the dragging worked from your last reply.

Now take your mouse arrow/cursor and locate it on the upper gray bar in Safari (the gray area that stretches across the top that contains the red, yellow, and green buttons). Click and drag the window so it aligns to the upper left hand side/corner of your screen.

Once, aligned to the upper left hand corner, now drag the bottom right hand corner (as you just did) to cover the rest of the screen. Presumably you will need to drag the window to the right and also downward.

Let me know how that goes.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK Screen wide to full screen Thanks OK to charge credit card
Expert:  Mac Tech replied 2 years ago.
Fine business.

And, I Thank you!