RussellA, Systems Engineer
Experience:  From windows, to linux, to mac, I know it all.

My iPad 2 will not accept my password.

Customer Question

My iPad 2 will not accept my password. What can I do?

Category: Mac
Expert:  RussellA replied 5 years ago.

There is a way to reset it, but it will go back to factory default settings. If you are ready for this option, please follow the following steps.

The hard reset can be done by holding down the Sleep/Wake + Home button simultaneously for 10 seconds or more and shortly you will see an Apple logo appears on the screen.

Depending on the issue you are having before you try the hard reset you might want to try use other below options and see if it could solve your problem.

Share or Like this article on FaceBook if you find this is helpful.

Software Reset

This method also enables you to have the device go back to the factory default setting. Here's how:

1. Go to the Home screen.

2. Tap on Settings.

3. Tap on General.

4. Select Reset.

5. On this screen you can either choose to Reset All Settings or Erase All Content and Settings.
- Reset All Settings: this will reset the applications setting back to the default. The content will still be intact.
- Erase All Content and Settings: this will remove all the content on the device and reset the applications setting back to the default.

6. Once you have choose a desire method of reset, the device will begin the reset process and reboot itself. If you choose Erase All Content and Settings, you will need to reactivate the device again. Once the device has finished with the reset, simply connect the device with iTunes and you can start the reactivation process.

In addition to the soft reset you could also try to force an app to quit or restart the iPad 2 to see if the issue could be resolved.