OSXpert
OSXpert, Mac Software Engineer
Experience:  2 years as a geek squad computer technician, 5 years as a software engineer and unix systems admin
50723742

Error message when I try to mount Ipad. Itunes cannot connect

Error message when I try to mount Ipad.

Itunes cannot connect to this ipad due to unkown error (DxE800000A)
Category: Mac
Expert:  OSXpert replied 3 years ago.

OSXpert :

Hi, my name is Britton. Are you available?

Customer:

Yes

Customer:

What happens now?

OSXpert :

Are you still with me?

Customer:

Yes I am

OSXpert :

okay great, sorry, the chat server says you are not logged in

OSXpert :

first, have you tried restoring your iPad yet?

Customer:

What does "restoring" mean

OSXpert :

it's basically wiping the device clean, installing the base software (iOS) and then re-syncing all of your preferences, apps, etc...

Customer:

No way, I'll throw the damm thing away

OSXpert :

haha, don't throw it away yet

Customer:

I have completed a shutdown and restart.

OSXpert :

try this, I'll post a video, follow the instructions in the video to put the iPad into DFU mode. This will force the iPad to go into a mode where it can only be restored from iTunes

OSXpert :

When was the last time you synced your iPad with iTunes?

Customer:

A few weeks. How do I find out

OSXpert :

okay, as long as you've done it somewhat recently, we should be in good shape

Customer:

By the way, Windows explorer and autoplay will open ipad to view files. so windows see the ipad as connected.

OSXpert :

watch this video on your computer, the timing when pressing the buttons is very important, so please watch closely

Customer:

OK

OSXpert :

keep me posted, let me know how it goes. It may take a few attempts as the button timing can be tricky

Customer:

OK, I think I have followed instructions correctly. screen is black

OSXpert :

is it plugged into your computer? does it show up in iTunes?

Customer:

Yes it shows up now.

Customer:

What am I going to lose when I run restore???

OSXpert :

okay great, when you choose restore, you can have it backup your data as well

OSXpert :

or

OSXpert :

you can right-click on the little iPad logo on the left side of iTunes and choose "Back Up" if that makes you feel safer

OSXpert :

either way, it will backup your data and restore it

OSXpert :

does that make sense?

Customer:

Yes, the restore process is underway

OSXpert :

excellent

OSXpert :

this should correct your issue, please keep me posted

OSXpert :

how's the restore going?

Customer:

Sorry, I had to go out. Everything complete and working again. thank you

OSXpert, Mac Software Engineer
Experience: 2 years as a geek squad computer technician, 5 years as a software engineer and unix systems admin