Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

How do I cancel and get my sbcglobal.net homepage/email back

Customer Question

How do I cancel and get my sbcglobal.net homepage/email back??? I want to delete XXXXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX account asap. I have resumes out and more and no one can contact me. I was trying to set the att account as a Back Up not a primary
Category: Mac
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is Dan.
I will do my best to help you, the only stupid question is the unasked one.

You do realize that this is not AT&T support nor is it sbcglobal support.
Can you tell me just what you did? I mean do you still have that account? How long ago was it you made the change?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I had a XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX account set up with my iMac. I was registering for a 5k walk in Austin for an organization and decided to open another email account as a back up (alternate email) which I could check when I wanted to and log out. I wanted to keep the SBC.NET as my primary.
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Your email address is filtered out so I cannot read it but I think I see the problem.
How do you interact with your email? Online or do you use an email application on your Mac?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Email App on Mac
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Very good, the account that you want is still active? You have all email accounts setup in Mail?
I think I know what you want but am not sure what you mean by primary.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Well when I open my email application I can not receive or send email from that account - XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX /// and my safari homepage is now a yahoo page... (if I choose I can sign on to the yahoo account from the internet (XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX) I sent an email from the yahoo to the sbc and nothing came into my sbc Inbox ?
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Changing the Safari home page is very easy.
With Safari open click on Safari in the menu bar and open preferences.
I would have Safari on the page you want to be the home page.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
Then you have this.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
That is all there is to that. Now the page you have showing in Safari will be your home page, you can change that anytime you like.

One more thing to do while in Safari preferences is to turn off "Open Safe Files After Downloading', this is important.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
It will save you headaches later.

Did you delete that account anywhere? I mean if you did that at sbcglobal then that account will be dead unless you reactivate it.