Engineer John C., Computer Engineer & Mac Enthusiast
Experience:  I am Computer Science Engineer CompTIA A+ and Cisco certified and have 10 years of experience fixing Macs
23822421

Dear Sirs, I have been using Macs for the past 28 years,

Dear Sirs, I have been using Mac's for the past 28 years, i live between Europe (Switzerland) and the US (New York) I am ONLY RECENTLY encountering problems with Apple TV, stipulating that : " to play this content chose authorize this computer from the store menu" which i did and it does not solve the problem. It concerns TV SHOWS,MOVIES bought on apple tv Thanking you in anticipation Albert
i can view the TV shows on my mac but on my Plasma screen it says authorization is required
Category: Mac
Expert:  Engineer John C. replied 3 years ago.
Hello, I am Engineer John C., welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for asking your question.

Please remember I do not receive a salary from this company. The only way for me to be compensated for my time is when the customer (You) click the Accept button when satisfied. Thank you for your help and understanding.

Do you get the issue in Switzerland only?

If you do, it is because you must be using a US account from Switzerland, and unfortunately the Apple TV has regulations that don't allow to stream content outside USA.

Please let me know if the issue is not solved clicking the "Reply to your expert" gray button, so we can continue troubleshooting.

If I helped please scroll down and click the green Accept button for me to be paid, that's the only way for me to be compensated for my time (Even if you have a subscription or trial plan with us I need you to click Accept for me to be paid from JustAnswer. And even if you have a regular account and see the holding charge in your credit / debit / or PayPal account, I need you to click Accept for the money to be released to me)

Thank you

John C.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It was working from Switzerland for a long time
specifically for US movies and US tv shows
i recently viewed a rented movie the lincoln lawyer and could screen it ? thank you for clarifying situation
OK, thank you. Please follow the 5 methods on link below:

Click here -----> http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2845

Thank you

John C.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY, WILL TRY YOUR SUGGESTIONS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, HOWEVER I HAVE TO TRAVEL FOR ONE DAY SO WILL COME BACK TO YOU TUESDAY OR WEDNESDAY,
I HAVE NOTICED THAT APPLE TV (THE LATEST ONE , BLACK SMALL MODEL) DOES NOT FIGURE ON iTUNES WHEN I OPEN IT.

THANK YOU

ALBERT
No problem at all!. Just keep me posted when you come back.

Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Dear XXXXX,

I am back now and i have taken the time to check all tv shows and movies and apparently the problem is my apple tv which seems defective.

please let me know how to finish this issue

best regards

Albert
Hello Mr. Albert. If you think the Apple TV is defective please make an appointment with the Genius Bar at any Apple Store clicking below:

For Switzerland -----> http://www.apple.com/chde/retail/geniusbar/

For USA -----> http://www.apple.com/retail/geniusbar/

Thank you

John C.
Experience: I am Computer Science Engineer CompTIA A+ and Cisco certified and have 10 years of experience fixing Macs