Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience:  worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products
51110040

my ipad has stopped working, it is only 7 months old and the

Customer Question

my ipad has stopped working, it is only 7 months old and the wi fi no longer operates; what can i do to fix this
Category: Mac
Expert:  Vinod Menon replied 3 years ago.

I am Vinod. I will try my best to help you resolve this issue.

You are having issues just with the wifi, correct?

What happens when you try to connect to the wifi?

Thank You
Vinod
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
it does nothing, no message appears
Ok.

let's check some settings. Let's go to Settings > wifi. Is your network having a check mark next to it?

If it is having a check mark, just click on the blue arrow to the right of the network name. It will display the ip address.

let me know what the ip address is
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
in settings it says; wi fi NO wi fi
Sometimes it can be a hardware problem.

Let's try these troubleshooting. If one step does not work, advance to the next.

1. Try the reset. Press and hold the power button and the home button (button below the screen) together until you see an apple logo. Once it is back to the home screen, try to connect.

2. Go to settings > general > reset > reset network settings. This will restart your ipad with the network settings back to default. Once it is back to the home page, try to connect.

3. Open itunes in the computer and connect the ipad. Your ipad will be listed to the left side of the itunes, below "devices". Click on the ipad name and now to the middle of the screen, click on "restore".

After restore, select the option "restore from backup".

4. Restore again and this time select the option "set up as a new ipad".

if none of the above steps resolve the problem, then your ipad needs to be replaced. Since it is only 7 months old, it is under warranty. You can take it to an apple store nearby or call apple care to get the replacement.

Let me know if you have any difficulty.

Thank You
Vinod
Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience: worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

how do you do this? the word general is highlighted and I press it and nothing happens.

how do i get to the word reset?

click on general. Then scroll down to the very bottom. Reset is there.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

did that reset and reopen to find wi fi still not work

:(

try the restore now
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

where do i find nearby apple store or phone number to call for a replacement

i live in williamsport pa 17701

just go to the following website to find apple stores near by.

www.apple.com/retail/storelist
or call 1800 2752273