Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

need to dl lion from kuwait

Customer Question

need to dl lion from kuwait
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
Hi My name is Ashik. I hope i can help you.

What version of Mac OS X are you using ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
booted of thumb drive...made in lion. will not reinstall from thumb drive
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
made in lion ? Did you installed Lion ? What version of Mac OS X are you using ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
was upgraded from leopard to lion. wanted to do clean instll. dl the app to make thumb drive....it will not reinstall lion. forund that out after i erased drive....right now runnin in lion recovery mode off thumb drive. I cannot download lion to reinstall, that is an option from the (option+r) boot up. it will not verify that i have bought lion already and download it again....
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
Do you have the Mac OS X Snow Leopard discs ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
nope...deployed. tryed friends disk but says not authorized
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
The app you downloaded is not Lion OS X, it is just the recovery assistant and it needed Lion recvoery partition on the drive. Turn off your Mac, turn it back on and hold down Option key on your Keyboard. From startup manager screen, can you see "Lion Recovery HD" volume ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
no recovery volume...jsut the thumb drive. either apple is blockin the dl or the isp is....
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
If it is not allowing you to download, then you should buy Lion OS X again. You can buy the Lion OS X Thumb Drive : http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD256Z/A

Then you can install clean Lion OS X from the thumb drive. Let me know if that didn't worked. Only click Accept if you are satisfied...

Best Regards,