Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience:  worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products

Verizon iPhone4 need videos I recorded to cpu

Hi I have a Verizon iPhone4 and I have videos that I have recorded on the phone but cannot figure a way to connect, download and retrieve the video from my phone to my CPU... These videos are several minutes in length and I can only email 1 minute or less at a time so this is not helpful as I need info as to how I can connect my phone to my cpu and down load the video on to my cpu

I am Vinod. I will try my best to help you resolve this issue.

Connect the phone to the computer. I believe you are having a windows computer.

Click on Start > Computer. Your iphone name will be listed there as "ABS's iphone" or something related.

Open that and you will be able to view all your recorded videos. Just copy and paste them to your computer.

Let me know if you have any difficulty.

Thank You
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hi Vinod - this suggestion did not work...

I plugged my iPhone into the cpu went to the Start menu then selected Computer and the only drives available are the C, D and E drives which are not associated with the UBS drive the iPhone is plugged into - any other suggestions?

Is it the first time you are connecting the iphone to the computer?

Also, is your phone recognized by itunes?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hi Vinod,

No this is not the first time I have connected the iPhone to my cpu I have done this many of times but this is the first time I am attempting to identify a solution to capturing a video from the phone and downloading onto my cpu

Also yes the iPhone is recognized by the itunes program everytime - once connected the itunes program automatically syncs with the phone.

Let's make sure whether the digital camera notification is enabled.

are you having windows vista/7/xp?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Windows Vista
Thank You.

let's go to start > control panel.

There, click on Hardware and Sound > Autoplay. (If no option is available for Hardware and Sound, autoplay would be there. Just double click on it).

When you open autoplay, it might list your iphone there. (it may be listed as "iphone" or "abcd's iphone" etc). In the drop down box next to it, click on "ask me everytime" and click on save.

Now disconnect and reconnect the phone. You will get a window to choose options. Select the option "open folder to view files".

let me know if this does not work
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes that seems to be working thank you very much!! Smile
great to know that...:)