MacTechTrainer
MacTechTrainer, Sr. Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple Certified Desktop & Portables Technician, A+, Cross-Platform (Mac/PC) Tech - for over 14 Years
15556539

An App was lost on my computer. How do I redownload it. Everytime

Customer Question

An App was lost on my computer. How do I redownload it. Everytime I try it say installed and does not permit me to do so.
Category: Mac
Expert:  MacTechTrainer replied 5 years ago.
Hello and thank you for asking your question, with JustAnswer.com/Mac.
I am Sr. Mac Tech Support Specialist, Terry, glad to assist you.

**Please note: An "Answer" by me, or an"Accept" from you, does not mean the session has ended. So please remain patient with me and I will work
diligently, to resolve your technical question to your satisfaction.-Thanks!*
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is a good link, detailing a short but effective article on how to re-download an App from iTunes or the App store:

Link:
http://www.woowoomac.com/blog/how-to-re-download-an-app-from-the-app-store.html

•Simply copy and paste the link above into your web browser and press either the Return or Enter key on your keyboard.

Let me know if this helps.

This is my first answer, but certainly not my last, as long as this issue remains unresolved.

Please do not press "Accept" until you have experienced a resolution from this answer and are satisfied with the results.

Be sure to bookmark this page in your web browser, so you can return to it, in the event you have to reboot your computer or leave from this session for a period of time.

Until then will be watching for your next reply.

Thanks!

Regards,

-Terry
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
This answer did not help me. Maybe I didn't say that I am trying to reinstall on my Ipad.
No worries. I have other options to help you here.

What you can do, in order to resolve this issue, is start by resetting your iPad
(Note: this does not remove any settings, data or media you have installed in your device)

• To perform a hard reset, press and hold your Sleep and Home Menu buttons for approximately 10 seconds.

• Once your screen goes black, release both keys. (If you see a white Apple logo before you release the keys you have held the keys to long and will need to start the reset process once again)

• The next screens you should see after the black screen, is the Apple logo screen followed by the main screen.

Once you are back up to your main screen in your iPad, proceed to check on your iPad to see if the App is now displaying with the other Apps on the screen.

If it is not, now proceed back into the Apps Store app on the iPad and try downloading that App again. This time the Install feature should be available.

Try this step and let me know if this helps instead.

I will be waiting for your update.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,

-Terry