MacTechTrainer, Sr. Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple Certified Desktop & Portables Technician, A+, Cross-Platform (Mac/PC) Tech - for over 14 Years

Hi, I bought my daughter ipad 2 ande me her original ipad.

Hi, I bought my daughter ipad 2 ande me her original ipad. We tried to restore it on her itunes and it was going slowly but we thought restoring. An error ssage came up saying that there was an unknown error and the ipad could not be restored. The ipad now has a black screen with an apple on it and a little line underneath it that would show the process being done (I think). It is frozen or something. It won't turn off or change screens or anything. What should we do to get it back working?
Category: Mac
Expert:  MacTechTrainer replied 5 years ago.

MacTechTrainer : Hello and thank you for asking your question, with am Sr. Mac Tech Support Specialist, Terry, glad to assist you.
MacTechTrainer : Considering what you have tried thus far,what I would recommend you try first is to perform hard reset first
MacTechTrainer : this will allow us to determine if the unknown error extends to the iPad's reset function. Here is what you can do, in order to resolve this issue:(Note: this does not remove any settings, data or media you have installed in your device)• To perform a hard reset, press and hold your Sleep and Home Menu buttons for approximately 10 seconds.• Once your screen goes black, release both keys. (If you see a white Apple logo before you release the keys you have held the keys to long and will need to start the reset process once again)• The next screens you should see after the black screen, is the Apple logo screen followed by the main screen.
MacTechTrainer : Let me know if this helps. I see you are offline, but once you come back on, please give this a try and then we can proceed to the next step as needed to help reset the iPad if this hard reset does not work.This is my first answer, but certainly not my last, as long as this issue remains unresolved.Please do not press "Accept" until you have experienced a resolution from this answer and are satisfied with the results.Be sure to bookmark this page in your web browser, so you can return to it, in the event you have to reboot your computer or leave from this session for a period of time.Until then will be watching for your next reply.Thanks!Regards,-Terry