Engineer John C., Computer Engineer & Mac Enthusiast
Experience:  I am Computer Science Engineer CompTIA A+ and Cisco certified and have 10 years of experience fixing Macs

My MAC computer serial no. W85040NZRJ3 does not siplay my

Customer Question

My MAC computer serial no. W85040NZRJ3 does not siplay my remaials in the Inbox that says I have 92 messages.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Engineer John C. replied 5 years ago.
Hello, I am Engineer John C., welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for asking your question.

Please remember I do not receive a salary from this company. I am an independent Computer Science Engineer with more than 10 years of experience working with Mac computers, and now working here. The only way for me to be compensated for my time is when the customer (You) click the Accept button when satisfied. Thank you for your help and understanding.

Please restart the computer in Safe Mode following the steps below:

1- Turn off your Mac

2- Turn it on and press and HOLD the SHIFT key on the keyboard, until you see "Safe Boot" on the login window.

3- Wait for Mac OS X to be completely loaded. (sometimes it's fast, other times it can take a while, like 10 or 15 minutes)

4- Restart the computer in normal mode.

Then try again. If no luck, please follow the steps below to verify your disk and permissions:

1- Open Finder (the first icon on your dock)

2- Double click "Applications" on the left

3- Now double click the "Utilities" folder on the right

4- Double click "Disk Utility" to open it

5- Select "Macintosh HD" on your right, then click "Verify Disk". If the result is NOT OK,
click "Repair Disk"

6- Click "Verify Disk Permissions". If the result is NOT OK, click "Repair Disk Permissions"

7- Restart your Mac

8- Please let me know if the issue is not solved clicking the "Reply to your expert" gray button, so we can continue troubleshooting.

9- If I helped please scroll down and click the green Accept button for me to be paid, that's the only way for me to be compensated for my time (Even if you have a subscription or trial plan with us I need you to click Accept for me to be paid from JustAnswer. And even if you have a regular account and see the holding charge in your credit / debit / or PayPal account, I need you to click Accept for the money to be released to me)

Thank you

John C.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

The answer from Cory solved the problem. I didn't use your answers.