Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

Safari Will Not Open On My iPad. What Can I Do?

Customer Question

iPad is connected to Wi Fi but still unable to open Safari. I get the message "the iPad is not connected to Wi Fi". But it is.

Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.

Are other devices connected to WiFi working?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Yes. 2. 1 iPad and one iPhone

Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.

You can reset the Network Settings of the iPad. In your iPad, tap Settings > tap General. In General, scroll down and tap Reset. In Reset, tap Reset Network Settings and reset the settings. Then Turn off the iPad and turn it back on. Now try to connect it to the WiFi.

Also, add OpenDNS to your wireless network. In your iPad, tap Settings. Tap Wifi. Tap the WiFi name, tap the blue icon like this '>' and it will bring the WiFi network settings. In the bottom you can see the DNS, change it to,

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Still says "safari cannot open the page because it is not connected to the internet". However I am using another iPad, connected to the same Wi Fi to write to you.

Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.

Does that iPad connect to any other WiFi ?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I only have one WiFi at home. Have not tried another WiFi for some time. The iPad has been connected to the WiFi in the past.

Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
Have you tried restoring it from your iTunes ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Nope. Let me try that.