Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience:  7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

My daughters ipod generation 3 iPOD just stopped working.

Customer Question

My daughters ipod generation 3 iPOD just stopped working. We could see the apple logo very faint on the screen and I have it plugged into a computer and the ipod touch is not taking a charge or showing up as it is plugged into the computer. To test the connection I plugged another Ipod to the cord and the cord is working.

What can I do to get the iPod working again??

THanks,

Chris
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Hi My name is Ashik. I hope i can help you.

Is this is a iPod Touch ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes it is
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
It sounds like your iPod's system files (iOS) is corrupted. You can restore it to factory settings from iTunes by putting it to DFU Mode. Put your iPod to DFU (Device Firmware Upgrade) Mode and restore it from iTunes. Follow the steps below to put it to DFU Mode;
  • Press and hold the Home button and the Sleep/Wake button at the same time.
  • After exactly 9 seconds release the Sleep/Wake button. Continue holding the home button until you iTunes shows a message telling you that it has detected an iPod in recovery mode.
  • iPod's screen remains black

After putting it to DFU Mode, open iTunes and it will asks you to restore it. Click OK.

Note : Put it to DFU Mode while connected to computer and also in DFU Mode your iPod will remain blank.

Let me know if that didn't worked..Only click Accept after it worked.

Best Regards,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I tried it and held down the 2 buttons for 9 seconds and then just held the home button and waited for almost 4 minutes and I never saw anything on the itunes on my computer that is recognizing the ipod. I am going to be gone for quite a while so can we pick this up again tomorrow? Thanks,

Chris

Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Sure, Add a bookmark of this page or add it to your favorites. So you can get back to me tomorrow...
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i brought my computer with me so i have 15 more minutes
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Sorry for the delay...Does iPod restarts when you hold down those two buttons ?