Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I just did the dumbest thing. I moved a whole bunch of photos

Customer Question

I just did the dumbest thing. I moved a whole bunch of photos and documents from the Finder to trash, then emptied the trash. Now most of my photos and music will not open, even though I can see thumbnails of all the photos. When trying to play a song, it says the file cannot be located. It asks me if I would like to locate it, but there doesn't seem to be a way to do that.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
Hi My name isXXXXX hope i can help you.

Thats because you deleted the Original or Source Pictures/Musics. Unfortunately, you can't recover them without using recovery applications. If you want to recover the deleted items, you have to use some third party recovery applications like Data Rescue : http://www.prosofteng.com/products/data_rescue.php

The application is costly, so try the trial version before buying it. Only click Accept if you are satisfied..

Best Regards,