Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience:  worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products

I am trying to transfer music to my new pc. Ive screwed things

I am trying to transfer music to my new pc. I've screwed things up, so that the only place the music exists is on my iPod. It is on neither my old pc or my new pc. Music was too large for the recycle bin, so it was automatically deleted. How can I get music frommy iPod to iTunes on my new pc?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Vinod Menon replied 5 years ago.

I am Vinod. I will try my best to help you resolve this issue.

If the music on the ipod is bought from the itunes store, they can be easily transferred to the computer. But if they are not from the store, then there is no direct way to transfer and you have to depend on third party softwares.

Just connect the ipod to the computer and open itunes. On the top of the message, you will see File, Edit, View, Controls, etc.

CLick on File > Transfer Purchases. This will transfer purchases from ipod to the computer.

To transfer the non purchases, I have searched for some third party softwares, and the following may help. Don't buy these softwares, but try the trial version first.

Hope this info helps. Let me know if you have any difficulty.

Thank You
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Some is Apple store purchased, some is not. How can I tell how much is or isn't?
You just need to click on File > Transfer Purchases. It may ask you to authorize the computer. In that case, just authorize your computer using your itunes id and password. It will automatically transfer all purchases made using that account.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
How sure are you that the third party software will work?
i have recommended this to many people. They are satisfied with it. Just try with the trial version